SAU Community

Condensation In Oil Catch Can Pipes?

ToF

Hey guys,

Today I had the car started and idling for a while and I noticed condensation in the pipes to the oil catch can (I have clear hoses). I am a little worried as it has never happened before.

I opened the oil cap on the rocker cover and had a look but the oil was fine, doesn't seem to be any coolant or milky oil from what I can see. I also checked oil on the dipstick which was also fine.

So does anyone know what it means when there's condensation in your oil catch can hoses? :(

Hey guys,

Today I had the car started and idling for a while and I noticed condensation in the pipes to the oil catch can (I have clear hoses). I am a little worried as it has never happened before.

I opened the oil cap on the rocker cover and had a look but the oil was fine, doesn't seem to be any coolant or milky oil from what I can see. I also checked oil on the dipstick which was also fine.

So does anyone know what it means when there's condensation in your oil catch can hoses?  :(

u probly just had a dewing cold nite. if it was something else youd know pretty damn quik... lacking power? blowing smoke? check radiator. any oil in it?

Nah mate, I just started it then, the weather wasn't too hot or cold. But it was a "cold start".

The car isnt blowing any smoke (at least I don't think) and isnt lacking any power. And the coolant is very clear, definately not contaminated!

Nah mate, I just started it then, the weather wasn't too hot or cold. But it was a "cold start".

The car isnt blowing any smoke (at least I don't think) and isnt lacking any power. And the coolant is very clear, definately not contaminated!

keep driving it.. dont stress 2 bad, just keep an eye on water temp and oil pressure.. if ur driving at say 3000rpm and ur factory oil pressure guage is below half way, u need oil like straight away

keep driving it.. dont stress 2 bad, just keep an eye on water temp and oil pressure.. if ur driving at say 3000rpm and ur factory oil pressure guage is below half way, u need oil like straight away

My oil level is perfect and my stock oil pressure guage doesnt work properly so no point looking at that. :(

Hey guys... i always get water in my catch can...my mechanic says this is caused by condensation and only worry if i get oil in there.

Can anyone confirm this ?

Cheers

Lenno

hi

my bike is a ducati 900ss it has a glass window in the engine side cover to check oil level, when i do short runs to work only and no long runs where the engine gets to fully heat up I get a white milky sludge in the window and it makes it hard too see the oil level but give it a long run of over 100kms and the window clears up so condensation inside petrol engines is very common especially if you only do short runs.