SAU Community

Getting Started With Karting In Sa

Arky

Heya

I have been a motorsport enthusiast for quite a long time, however, one of the aspects that has recently taken my attention is karting, and is something i would really like to become involved with. I live in Adelaide, SA and i'm not quite sure if there are any clubs around adelaide, i haven't been able to find any on the yellowpages, any help with what i will need, (kart, helmet, etc?) where i will need to go to get them and where to go for training, lessons, clubs and that sort of thing would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Arky.

• 3 weeks later...

hey mate i race karts in wa and have raced for about 3 years now its a great sport to get into but can get pretty costy i have raced in adelaide before there is a track there in bolivar i know pretty soon the nationals are gonna be there not sure if il be able to make it there though and yes you need a helmet, racesuit gloves and boots and u dont need a whole lot of training however alot of practise

Here's a list of clubs in SA - http://www.iwt.com.au/SAclubs.htm

Dont think its on the list but, theres also Angas Go Kart Club near Strathalbyn.

Recommend you look at Southern Sprint Kart Club's website, has all the basics you need to know to get started :). Hope you dont mind travelling long distances coz, theres plenty of it at club comp level.