SAU Community

My First Skyline... R32 Gtr

zinkrb250

Hello fellow rb enthusiasts,

I just purchased my very first skyline... a 1994 r32 GTR...

skyline.jpg

She's currently sporting Hasemi Wheels (no idea what version), Hasemi bucket seat, HKS turbo timer, HKS boost controller, 5zigen catback, S.S. downpipe, earl's s.s. braided brake lines, unknown aftermarket steering wheel... maybe a few other goodies that I haven't discovered yet...

Oh yeah by the way... I live in the US....

I'm looking for a new catback... must be fully stainless steel or titanium.... I was wondering what you guys recommended as far as quality goes... I've been looking at Apexi GT spec (the huge catback).....

I was also curious where i could find some Vspec brembo brakes for the front and back...

Also looking into replacing the catalytic converter with a 3" test pipe... curious to know if the factory O2 sensor would be affected if it was fitted into a test pipe

Basically any other words of wisdom you can offer and where to begin upgrading the car.... this is going to be a Street car with occasional track usage... I've searched and I'm still searching as we speak... I'd just like to introduce myself and my car and say it's a pleasure to join you guys and I'll be driving a skyline for the rest of my life!

CHeers

Andrew

Guest Mashrock

Niice one andrew

i saw a 34gtr last time i was in cali. but never seen another gtr while i was there at all!

do u have to get that converted to left hand drive at all? or is this car not to be street regestered??

so your after a driveable gtr which will smash almost everything at the track??

the n1 turbos off the 34gtr are usually a good upgrade, from what has been said on here there are two different types.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...pic=105432&st=0 that thread should give you some insight on that front.

as for the rest of it. whats your budget like? what do you want to throw at this car?

do you want to open the engine up for pistons etc etc?

very very nice mate. also have GTR in aus. i understand u gotta kill a man to get a GTR in the US.. congrats.. blwo the socks off them chevs and mustangs.

just wondering.. what ECU should i use on my RB26DETT i want to deal away with AFM's an d run a single turbo.? any ideas?

Hi Andrew

The O2 sensors are actually fitted to the dump pipes and the sensor attached near the catalytic converter is actually an exhaust temp sensor. It doesn't seem to be terribly useful though as it only indicates "HOT" (indicated by red dash light like the e-brake) or "OK" (no light).

A lot of guys cut it off or a little tidier way would be to just tuck it into the chassis rail and tape it in. Alternatively, you could tap a thread into your test pipe and refit the sensor?

:unsure:

Guest Mashrock
very very nice mate. also have GTR in aus. i understand u gotta kill a man to get a GTR in the US.. congrats.. blwo the socks off them chevs and mustangs.

just wondering.. what ECU should i use on my RB26DETT i want to deal away with AFM's an d run a single turbo.? any ideas?

the power fc d-jetro? i think its spelt. that runs without afm,

or hks fcon but not many people here to tune that.

other locally ones i would guess autronic etc etc. but i dont know anything about them

Very nice car mate!!

if i can give some advice dont go near a track day unless you have a modified sump or some sort of upgrade to lubrication system, especially if you are on semi slicks or modifed power.

it will only end in a dead engine if you do.

cheers Russ

any more pics hehe

yes power FC de jetro. u have to run an extra map sensor off cyl 3-4

ive found one with sensor for $1400 but problem is not many shops in aust tune it well.. its a big ask. looking at 2000 tunned and running.

R32s have bad oil management!.. its sad.. a sump baffle will fix it.. an oil cooler with remote filter will help fix it to. have more oil 7.5L upwards and ur winning the war against ur golden syrup slopping around.

• 1 month later...
just wondering zinkrb250 do many people in the states knw wat ur godzilla is? hope the cops dont.

think bout punching ur cat out.. im going to.

wher did ur bonnet grill go? and u get a Vspec..? (vspec frnt bar)

Nahh not a lot of people know what it is... the tuner people know... but not the ordinary joes ... all they see is me on the wrong side of the car and have to look twice to make sure that's what they saw.. I've passed plenty of cops so far and no problems with them yet...

Right now i'm looking into getting a 3.5 or 4" catback and hopefully find a test pipe that is bigger than 3"

I've got the bonnet grill... it just wasn't in place when the pictures were taken...

And about the vspec i'm pretty sure it is not a vspec....reason being is because it doesn't have the brembo brakes

So far i've found the car has a little lip on the hood (just above the bonnet grill)... a boot lip on the trunk... no emblems except for GTR on the back and the GT on the fenders... it's got an oil cooler (which i don't think came factory)... earl's stainless steel brake lines, some unknown brand of stainless steel front pipes, an unknown 5zigen catback, an unknown aftermarket steering wheel, hasemi bucket seat, it had hasemi wheels until i swapped those for my 17x9 5zigen fno1rc (bronze), it's got an HKS panel filter, a blitz boost gauge, hks turbo timer, hks boost controller, apexi n1 coilovers, nismo A arms i think... i don't know i was under it and found a bracket that said nismo located on both of the front wheel wells, it had nismo spark plugs until i changed them out cause it was stuttering at higher boost levels... so far that's all i can think of off of the top of my head