SAU Community

Defected!

Iceduck312

if you want to buy a stock 2 door exhaust and stock suspension, this guy has been trying to sell them for ages. He quoted me around $150 for shipping to Adelaide. I suggest he would take $300 and you pay for shipping.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...0entry1967476

No, I reckon RING AGAIN, and simply ask for your nearest inspection site. Simple. They WANT you to go to Regency, but there are other inspection sites (ie Sturt Rd, next to cop shop, Tues & Thur only s 9-3pm).

There would be one in the country, surely.

Yeah Thanks for the advice mate, but like they said I need a Full VIS, and that regency was the only place to go to or else wait for 4 weeks until they come up. Only thing is I'd have to be here in 4 weeks and have all the repairs done here in whyalla, becoz it costs around approx. $40 for a day permit, just to drive on the road or else I need a trailer... So I'm booked for the 21st of MARCH ... dooms day.. I'm hoping I can get the exhaust fixed up cheap here so I can get an extension from the cops to drive the car back to adelaide until my inspection date.. I hope I pass the first time, coz rego expires in April.

More head achessss........argghh..

oh wellz...

Bad luck mate!

I bet if you had a freaking BMW with a loud exhaust.. it would have been, ho ho ho chaps. son of rajab, I am irritated with regency. It's also total BS that because you have a skyline they "make" you go for a VIS.

A workmate of mine's boyfriend just got his statesman defected for being too low. He rang the cop shop and said, pedders told me it was legal, the cop rang pedders, pedders acted like jerks and so the cop said, alright mate.

The cop gave him a letter to give to regency, and when he goes in to regency they ONLY check his ride height. NO VIS. When he called regency about it they were pissed off as, and basically told him to piss off, but he talked to the manager there and the guy put the letter on the guys file.

Maybe talk to your local constabulary and say, the traffic cop totally farked me, and now I have to drive 4 hours to regency, he practically had his microphone in my exhaust pipe, so on, and if you indicate that you are in fact not a silly 16 year old with a hyundai excel + 4" exhaust tip, you may get similar treatment. Or perhaps an officer in your town can check it. Your car is less modified and in more roadworthy condition than how many other cars, and yet it "needs to be ensured that it's roadworthy?". Nah, fight that mate.

Are they off your car yet Andrew?? You never let me know :) Yep thats fine Duc you can borrow them no worries, just as long as i get em back this time <_<

lol :lol: Just Pm me an let me know whats going on with em :)

Lol,

Thanks alot for the offer.... I'll see if I need them or not, if I do I'll PM you..

Hey Guys,

Just a little update, I went to the exhaust shop the other day and before he even did anything to my exhaust he decided to test the noise. In his workshop with vibration and reflection of sound, we only got 90 dB at 3200rpm. This was done at the legal measurement of 0.5m on a 45 degree angle. The exhaust guy reckons to get the 95 dB the cop must of had it right in the tip of the car. He also noted that it would have been less if we were outside and my engine had time to warm up. So I went the cop shop and showed the officer the letter, but still he wouldn't clear it because VIS was ticked. So off to regency I go...... pissed mind you. I did get an extension till my inspection so I can drive home to adelaide tonight

I guess it's a lesson learnt..... I'm definately putting out $180 for an APEXI exhaust valve controller ( EVC )

might save me all this trouble next time...

yep, I've got an ECV and it is bloody awesome ... costs a damn sight more than $180 though - plus $120 for weld-in fit with my high flow cat. I think I paid $380 for mine - but still worth the money if it avoids Regency just once.

Ring Mark at ET i know he has had one in his S15 for a number of months if not a couple of years. Not sure if he bought one or made his himself......best to ring and find out, might be cheaper than the Apexi one!

Yeah my friend has one of Marky's ECV's and it works a treat!

Dead silent in 1/2 a sec. Well worth it!

Like Andrew said, if it saves you once its paid for itself.