SAU Community

Hi

Short-01

Hello and welcome, I got my cams liscence through the Southern Districts Car Club, this was many years ago when I was 15. The club doesn't have much to do with tarmac racing only rally type events.

hmmm should look at renewing it as it has been expired for a little while!

lol and to think i'm not really one for wearing skirts, even though i'm fem, give me jeans anyday.

was looking at a site earlier to do with cams licences and am wondering if there is a licence that covers it all. Not that i wanna do formula one driving, but then again never know. how do you gain one, like do you have to go somewhere like mallala and complete a course of driving to prove you can handle a car properly or do they just grab one out of the nearest cornflakes packet and hand them out to just anybody that wants one.

I got mine back in 2000 so it may have changed. All that i had to do is be a member of a cams affiliated club and that was about it $60 later and i have a piece of plastic saying i can race a car! so you can go get one out of a box of cornflakes if you want.... lol

like i said before i had one at 15 and had never driven a car before so it is a bit stupid not doing a safety course before you get it.

:lol: In one way i hope it's still like that

And no doubt you wasted no time and can handle a car like a pro huh

kinda figure i'm getting older and need a hobby to get some adrenalin moving through the body, and as i'd rather keep my feet on the ground a licence for flying is out, so my son was talking about cam licences and what they're for and i thought cool that's right up my alley, i don't mind a bit of speed (natural high), so long as i'm not putting myself or anyone else in danger, so that's it, now just gotta get my butt into gear and do it.

And no doubt you wasted no time and can handle a car like a pro huh

I used to race go karts under the name of whiplash racing after i hit a wall over 65kmph with out a seat belt i hit the steering wheel and had a really bad bruise in the shape of it lol still lots of fun and it miss it heaps. hope it doesn't happen with my r33. good luck you will have fun if you get it

I used to race go karts under the name of whiplash racing after i hit a wall over 65kmph with out a seat belt i hit the steering wheel and had a really bad bruise in the shape of it lol still lots of fun and it miss it heaps. hope it doesn't happen with my r33. good luck you will have fun if you get it

now here i thought u liked being whipped with lashings of butter :P

Hey..where did you race go-karts? i did it for a few years also, was going to go overseas when younger, but needed $$$$. Dad raced Formula Fords and Holdens, went over seas to Donington and raced also, got his racing boots on me (well...i took them) :P best fun i ever had was driving his super kart around Mallala, get quicker times than the V8's!

I must say that, crash at 65km/h...ouch!!!

In terms of licences, there is a difference level depending on the racing you have completed/qualified for. ie. Rally, open wheelers, Formula Holdens, etc etc.

yeh im pit crew for my mate that races Superkarts at Mallala, He's only got a 125MAX non g/box, still gets around Mallala in about a 1:19, But yeh those 250cc 6sp G/box karts are f@$kn nuts......true to that DC quicker than V8's

If you don't want to get a licence then you can still take your own car out to Mallala on a prctice day and you don't need a licence. There is also a Modern Regularity comp that goes on everytime we race Superkarts, basically racing the clock!

I went out to Barrossa raceway a few times. that was ages ago haven't been on a track for nearly four years ;) will have to take the 33 to mallala

the barossa has a raceway?? since when?? is it in Tanunda, Nuri or Angaston??

if it's the one i'm thinkin of it'd be in Angaston

Pokie i'm shocked by you :geek:

Considering you lived in Nuriootpa, fair enough it was a while ago but do you remember the sounds of loud racing noises coming from across the highway :blush:

yes i do remember that race track, but i think that was for like

little race car things, eh i dunno, i'm just guessing Angaston

I honestly can't remember where it was, a lot has happened in the last five years that are a little bit more important than racing ( i can't belive i said that) as well as that i didn't have my street licence so i didn't have to pay attention on the way out