SAU Community

Skyline Big Brake Kits Pictured

Wow, they are some nice brakes....

I got DBA4000's fitted to my car not long ago and i have to say they are much better than my old, warped brakes. They werent standard R32 GTR brakes I dint think because the were cross drilled. These look so poor compared to those AP's and Brembos :domokun:

dba40008mx.th.jpg dba40018fk.th.jpg dba40029bv.th.jpg

• 1 year later...

hey brian. thanks heaps for sorting out my teathing problems with my f40 brembos and your custom 355mm two piece rotors on my gtr.

still shakes a little but is bearable.

ps. im getting some k-type alcons to replace the brembos so i can sell te old set up as a complete kit.

I have a set of Brembo F50's (355mm) on my R32 GTR and they are a $5000 proposition for the fronts only.

Bremb01.jpg

Brembo1.jpg

Definate improvements in feel on the track however standard Brembo pads seem a little more road than track orientated.

What type of aluminum are AP calipers made from? Are they forged? heat treated? cast then machined or billet?

They are a 2 piece caliper. So the material grade is less important than for a 1 piece as the steel through bolts are ALOT stronger & stiffer at elevated temps.

Try the APRacing website.

Brian, What would you use to duct cool air to the rotors, mine seem to get hot and cause a bit of fading by the end of 3 hot laps.

Cheers

Paul

Good question, i'm interested in ducting as well..... and what people have done.

Good question, i'm interested in ducting as well..... and what people have done.

Let me, let me, let me! Ferni long weekend means you should come round and we get some hardcore ducts rigged up for you :D

Goddamn brakes are expensive!!!!

Not as expensive as the repair bill if you don't stop :D

But yes it is a very expensive area, I can see why people leave it to the last thing to mod.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Thanks. I agree, looking at those plugs in conjunction with good compression/leak down tests I'm not too certain its ring related anymore.  I have a Swagelok ball valve on the drain and tubed it lower down to the left side of car to easily dump it into a container. I do not drain back into the sump. I've never had to drain it though as there's never been any oil in it. 
    • Best bang for buck at the moment would be a 86/brz. Good chassis,  plenty of aftermarket support and parts everywhere.   I just picked one up with some quality gear and it drives better than my old 180sx.    Also depending on what your doing and budget.  An a90 supra is my pick if want to spend more. Great chassis, solid motor, gearbox is good. Development potential is crazy. They are doing well in prod sport and time attack. All the old jdm stuff needs alot of work as most of it all bent and over priced.
    • It's basically the same platform, hence why everything bolts to everything else Kelford camshafts were recommended by Mania after they asked me what I want the car for, I said "I'll thrash it around daily and maybe take it to the track for fun" 🤣 Factory NC 2.0L cam specs: - Adv. Dur. 256 /256 - Dur @ .050 205 /190 - Lift 9.42mm/8.13mm So, as I know nothing about cam specs, all I can say is the numbers are different and it should get a little bit of lope....🤣
    • Depends on how extreme, however if you look at SMSP, they're all dominated by Hondas and M cars on amateur/street car events. 
    • Without better pictures, it won't be possible for anyone to work it out further than we have.   Start measuring, EVERYTHING. Thickness of flywheel, and all around it. You want to know is if everything parallel. If from the face of the pressure plate (that bolts to the flywheel) if it is parallel to the pressure plate face, then something is NOT parallel or equal elsewhere. Or you've bent the shit out of the fingers in the pressure plate.