SAU Community

Head Gaskets, Copper Or Steel Which Is Better?

GTRNUR

Since the origianl comment was withdrawn, I will withdraw the retort as well.

We use double annealed copper head gaskets with block o'rings. Never, ever blown a head gasket to the combustion chamber. That's with big block V8's to 2500 bhp, the highest RB (so far) is 925 bhp. Circuit race engines that do thousands of K's of racing and the headgaskets are perfect come rebuild time. On a mildly upgraded engine, the standard Nissan head gasket with block o'rings is my preference.

:) cheers :O

Edited by Sydneykid

forget everything mensioned, and go cork! its been used for years so you cant wrong!

steve

So either cork then, or I could just leave it out or maybe make one from a cardboard box. You know VW's don't use a head gasket. The barell and head are machined flat and then you use ultra fine valve grinding paste to finish the blend. Of course you don't get a good barrel to head seal until the engine is up to temperature too.

So the concensis is metal all the way, and I should not be a cheap ass and go straight for a nismo one to guarantee long term reliability.

Thanks guys,

Ian.

who cares about vw's.. this is a f*kn skylines forum if it aint a skyline.. or aint got a skyline motor in it.. no need to mention it

:) Clearly it was just some good ole' tongue and cheek. Come-on, Cardboard?