SAU Community

Max Hp Out Of Standard Rb25

LNEMUP498HP

The only reason why something went wrong is i tried pumping more boost into it

if i left it it would of lasted it went fine till now until that

Im sorry Jason, but you cant say that.

It didnt last, because it died. How/why it died is irrelevant. Fact is you cant say it lasted any loner than the 6-7 month trial.

When a stock motor pumps out 470rwhp for 2-3 years. Then you'll get closer to being able to claim reliable.

Many people have made big power. Many have not lasted long enough.

The average punter wouldnt class a year, or even 1.5 years reliable for a motor. I certainly wouldnt.

When i see a 550rwkw RB26/30 going after what, 3 years after street/massive circuit. Thats well on the way to a reliability claim.

And you can see that theres nothing wrong with pistons rods etc

Umm, again. You can see the tops of the pistsons. Wow.

The rods havent been tested, crank hasnt been tested. Need i go on?

Just looking at it with the naken eye is hardly decent proof or information that there is "nothing wrong"

550rwkw is a hell of alot of power, that's mid to low 9's territory. Are you sure that a circuit car is capable of that kind of power and uses it constantly on the circuit? Even the drag cars that make that kind of power have a relatively short lifespan, and have constant maintenance despite living for short 10 second squirts and dyno pulls. Not to mention that traction would put the car out of being competitive, well lack of traction anyway. And it would take an SPL or larger to make that power. The list goes on...

Hey my point is everyone has an opinion, and everyone is going to have a different view on things. At least give credit to Jason for

1/ Having a go with it

2/ Being upfront and direct about what is happening.

He could have not posted anything and quietly thrown another stock motor in, although I'm sure that different people would have approached this whole thread in a different manner.

At the end of the day it's another Skyline out there running, and be thankful that you didn't have to fork out anything to see the results... except maybe 10 hours of your life reading this ;)

I totally agree. Good on him for getting out there and loosing the attitude. I think ive said he deserves credit for the efforts already somewhere.

To go and make claims based on limited testing i think is dangerous for less informed forum users who can often be swayed very easily by threads such as this.

Im very pissed off at the moment

My race engine Has SNAPED a valve UNDER THE COLET AND RETAINER DROPING THE VALVE Bending it smashing the Head and Putting a hole through a New forged piston which has done 15 mins work of running in on the dyno.So much for a Race motor lasting.This just proves that ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN with any motor.I have organised a New Piston and Head for now.I carnt believe it happened.

I carnt blame the people who setup the Head either as SHIT happens.But still couldnt believe what i seen

Ill post photos tomorrow but looks like someone got a nail gun and shoot the Valve through the piston.

f**kEN GETS ME ANGRY AFTER 4 NIGHTS OF 16 HOUR SHIFTS OF WORK but yeah shit happens and like i said before Anything can happen so yeah

Anyways Thanks chris :P Ill talk to you soon or you comming down

Edited by MR331307

Shit can and does happen. :D

I wasn't going to post in this thread but... I feel like it. :P

It seems to me that the point of this thread and the exercise was to push the standard RB25 as far as it can go to see what the limits are.

He pushed it, he found the limits. His opinion therefore is that if he repeated the experience but stopped just before that last step that blew the motor, it would still be happily running and be an advertisment for what can be done with a stock RB25.

How much longer it would have lasted without that last step we will probably never know because he probably doesn't feel like doing it again for our benefit.

As mentioned above, that kind of power level comes with reliability sacrifices, no matter if it's a stock engine or a built one.

ps, the comment about heat in number 6 - I think the theory is that the extra 4% fuel in that cylinder should make it run a little cooler.

yeah

went BACKWARDS

did make no more power

To me the max power was made @ 18 psi

Any more was a waste.I think i should have backed the boost down earlier but i said who cares if it goes it goes and it did.

I wanna continue on this but need another motor cheap

i wanna try a NEO motor out if someone has a motor Minus Manifolds ETC just the bare motor with minimal KMS

while im waiting for my new engine head to come back.

Edited by MR331307

May look a little rough from the top.. But take the piston out and see if it looks anything like this??

And yes its number 6 piston from a Rb25 >_<

mmmm cracked and melted. Your username is somewhat appropriate lol.

A mate has a neo with low compression in no.3. Dunno if that's any use to you.

Yep he contact me

i just wanna know if its a head gasket or what

how many kms is on it

if its all good im getting it

i wanna crack a 9 with a standard motor.While im waiting for the new parts to come in AGAIN that is

Edited by MR331307

I think you should fix the problem you had with the motor you made 591hp and 10.8 cause it's not your everyday rb25.... i really think it was a freak motor and dont think you will be able to do it again with another standard donk thats just insane amounts of power.....

lol

We will have to wait and see

is that a dare is it

anyways if all goes well ill pickup a standard motor in 2 days and

be back there next week

if not

then yeah we will never know and just have to wait for my new motor

And ill post picks of WHY it lost COMP tomorrow

Edited by MR331307