SAU Community

Max Hp Out Of Standard Rb25

LNEMUP498HP

It doesn't matter. I'm sure the owner wont stop being a car fan just because of a little sidetrack like this.

Short sidetrack then. The HX40 I'm running has a 60mm inducer, 85mm exducer on the compressor side, and 19cm (ballpark .84 a/r) twin scroll T4 ex side. I'm at 1 bar of boost in 3rd by 4k-4.2k rpm on an RB25 with 264 HKS cams, no VCT, and a 1.2mm Tomei HG which probably bumps the compression down a little. O yeah, and like I mentioned before, stock RB26 intake with ITB's.

I do think aussie hp numbers tend to be a bit more conservative than numbers over here (which I like), but if I had to guess, I'd say I'm mid to high 500's at the wheels. Tick that down a few percent to equate with your guys numbers like I said. I pegged out of z32 MAF at 5.15v a long time ago with the old turbo (Holset HX35/40 hybrid) and this one pulls more than a fair bit harder.

I know this will rile a lot of guys on here up, but these things out spool and out flow GT35r's all day long. O yeah, and did I mention I got the turbo new for $450USD shipped from ebay? It came on volvo busses :P If you guys want any more elaboration than that, I'll start a new thread.

Do they have a slightly smaller version ? Similar to GT3071R/3076R ?

I started a thread on them, but I think a 7 blade HX35 might be close. I'm not sure what GT30's can do on the top end, but I think the HX35 might be a bit smaller than one. What are the demensions of the compressor wheel? <----please answer in the other thread.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ho...-s-t247809.html

tooo many farking warriors me thinks...

Bloody long read, but was a good one at that. Even though it was 2yrs ago, congrats Jason on having more balls then most.

Its funny how people continually pick on the little things just to "stir the pot", meanwhile missing the bigger picture.

fark me...that took a good 3 hours or so to read. Extremely helpful and useful thred to read tho - it's given me plus many more others the confidence to push out 25's to the 300rkw mark as opposed to the 270rkw that everyone thought was the sensible limit.

Good work Jason on your research and developmeny! Pity we wont see that reace motor built anytime soon from what i can derive.

And to al the haters/bitches on here...you're all haters and bitches STFU and get in line.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

wow, what an epic read... Excellent effort/research. I would like to say thanks to jason for dedicating so much of his time and resources to this thread. Got a few mates that will be stunned with his results. I'll make sure they are sitting down before i show them :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

i know this was from a while ago but it was funny to read lol.

also any 1 that think"s a 25 or 26 block is better than a 30 needs to read up about rbs. I love all rb motors

if u had the money to stuff around with the 25 getting that power out of it ( claimed ) or run a 10.8 pass and not post it up so every 1 can see and i would not be a ass bout it

But what i don't get is why?

I have 2 rb25s 1 in a s1 stagea and 1 in a vl wagon and i like them good motor's.

but i can tell u if i had that money i would drop a 26 in it or 3L the bottom end with my 25 head.

Or if u really want u can bore out the 30 to a 3.2..

the other thing i not like about the 33 was the nos. only dick's run nos build the car do go 10.8 with out it.

most jap drag cars don't use nos and some of the time's they get in the gtrs is like wow i just cream in my pants lol

if u had the money to stuff around with the 25 getting that power out of it ( claimed ) or run a 10.8 pass and not post it up so every 1 can see and i would not be a ass bout it

Nice dead thread resurrection.

Given the thread name is "max hp out of standard RB25" its kindof obvious why an RB30 isn't involved. R33s come out with RB25s standard, if you want to go fast but don't want to (aren't ready to) extend to building a new motor then just doing boltons to the stocker makes things a lot more affordable - the thread is about seeing how far you can run with that.

Here is a video of a mates R33 doing a 10.6 running an RB25DET with stock bottom end on BP98, no NOS etc:

He didn't spend the extra money on a 30 because he wanted to see how fast he could go with what he had :)

yer i know that was his point.

but build it to what can be used on the street every day with out the worry when it will give up.

with what he bolted on i would have tuned it to about 390hp and just run 16psi.

any how he did a good job getting the power he did.

i talked about the rb30et because it was mentioned earlier in the post

also 30 bottom ends are cheap as chips stronger than a 25 and the 25det head will go on with not much trouble and the motor will drop straight in

with that said hope he did well with the new motor

Edited by whitenight27

i know this was from a while ago but it was funny to read lol.

also any 1 that think"s a 25 or 26 block is better than a 30 needs to read up about rbs. I love all rb motors

I have 2 rb25s 1 in a s1 stagea and 1 in a vl wagon and i like them good motor's.

but i can tell u if i had that money i would drop a 26 in it or 3L the bottom end with my 25 head.

Or if u really want u can bore out the 30 to a 3.2..

the other thing i not like about the 33 was the nos. only dick's run nos build the car do go 10.8 with out it.

most jap drag cars don't use nos and some of the time's they get in the gtrs is like wow i just cream in my pants lol

in english?

• 11 months later...

I had 330rwkw at 17psi with all the right bolt ons but..

Standard rb25s with 35/40s and big rear housings make alot of "un drivable"

Power, lag lag lag then boost

Around the track a 3037 was quicker with only 280rwkw as it was responsive

What's 500hp if you cand use it