SAU Community

Just Got Defected :{ No Number Plate

Hi guys/gals

As the topic states I just got defected and have to go for a full inspection.

I was hoping that I could get some advise from you all as to what I might get done for.

My car is a 94 gts-t r33. It has 248wrkw with the following mods:

PARTS LIST REMOVED

Thats all I can think of right now.

If you guys can give me any suggestions that might help that would be great.

Edited by GunMetalR33

Make sure your car is legal before you go over... the little mods like the fuel pump, coils, clutch dont make a difference. Specially make sure your numberplate is on.. because if you had that on chances are you wouldnt have to waste your time going over dickson. Generally speaking anyway.

Goodluck.

Dayne

Prepair yourself for the event.... Remember to take the lube and be ready to bend over when they say so.

Nah really from my encounters with them they dont really have a clue whats factory and whats not on imports, so you shouldnt have too much trouble.

Step 1: Remove the listing of parts on your car. There is one RTA inspector who frequents these forums, so youve just given them a clean list of parts on the car.

Step 2: I believe RTA provides a complimentary tube of vaseline for your personal comfort

Step 1: Remove the listing of parts on your car. There is one RTA inspector who frequents these forums, so youve just given them a clean list of parts on the car.

Step 2: I believe RTA provides a complimentary tube of vaseline for your personal comfort

Just what he said. Maybe it's time to see an engineer for some bits,and just remove others...except for the rego' plate that everyone knows you should have two of. Not to crucify you publicly,but there isn't too many better ways to get yanked than not having one of said plates missing...

They cant not Find it, its located on the side of my cold air box. I think I am going to put the stock boost controller in for the test.

Heh, um let me clarify.

The dude would have defected me if he'd found the in cabin "boost controller thing with the pretty lights on it". He had no idea what he was looking at in the engine bay. :lol:

I dont know what its like up there and how clued up the local rta is, but if you can do the labour yourself I would say better to be safe than sorry.

Good Luck

(what the hell were you doing without a number plate anyway :) )

damn i didnt know that :P i would have thought they would prefer a car running the correct afr's... better than running rich as and polluting the air :P

Leigh

Boost controller alters emissions from the vehicle, its illegal. Same with SAFC, same with ECU's etc.