SAU Community

R34 Manual Convertion

hey guys,

i wanna do a manual convertion on my R34 GTT. I have an R33 gearbox n was wondering if it would fit n do the job? wat other parts would i need n how much will it be? can anyone help with this? thanks !!!

mike

hey guys,

i wanna do a manual convertion on my R34 GTT. I have an R33 gearbox n was wondering if it would fit n do the job? wat other parts would i need n how much will it be? can anyone help with this? thanks !!!

mike

right heres what is probably needed

1 diff (or diff gears depending if there is a difference in ratio) or you can change the gear on teh back of the speedo sensor

2 tail shaft

3 gear box (which you have)

4 cross member if there is a difference

5 clutch (may aswell go heavy duty here)

6 probably need fly wheel bolts because if its the same as an RB30 there is a difference

7 fly wheel (may aswell get this manceined and lightenend while you there)

8 throw out bearing

9 spigot bearing (to get the old one out for the torqe converter just drill 2 small holes next to each other and crush it in then remove it and fit the manual spiggot bearing)

10 clutch pedal

11 brake pedal

12 clutch master cylinder

13 lines from clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder

14 slave cylinder

15 the bit that moves the clutch (god dam memory i have forgotten the name of it)

16 gear leaver if its not in the box

17 the dust covers on the transmition tunnel for the selector to go through

18 the gear boot for inside teh car and the surround to replace the auto selector

19 some wire to wire up the reverse light and neutral swich and by pass the start relay (if its the same as my car which i would suspect it to be)

20 about 1 week end if you sort have got mechanical knowledge or if your dads a nissan mechanic 6 hours and that includes replacing the water pump

sorry if i have forotten anything/added things that are different on an R34 to my car but most nissans are the same and pretty much all manual conversions are the same!