SAU Community

Type M - R32

• 2 weeks later...

If you're interested in all the R32 options, try searching for threads created by funkymonkey or search "options" and so on. There is a great thread from a few years back that lists (with pics) all the cup-holding, park assisting, rain deflecting, badge illuminating goodness you could ever want for your R32

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys i have a r32 which im guessin is a type m. it has a neater trim then some standard r32's i have looked at. It has all the options, Factory turbo timer, electric spoiler, digital climate control, and full type m body kit. are there any tell tale signs to distinguish a type m?

Thanks ppl :D

Really!! ok so these are my calipers, i know they a 4 pot, and are nissan branded sumitomo items. thats great! also means it runs a higher flowed turbo right?any other items? whats its value hold like compared to a standard r32?

here's the proof.

post-23045-1133763608.jpg

From what I've seen, very little difference in price. The brakes are the main thing. Others are the leather steering wheel and gearknob and different front bar.

If you search through old threads, funkymonkey (I think) set up a thread with the Type-M options and also one with the R32 options.

Actually, a good thread to read is http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=72591

It's a few pages long but the info you're after is in there.

• 2 months later...

Apparently the "Type M" was a dealership option which means each dealer would of offered different upgrades. But most common upgrades were the 4 pot calipers on the front, the Aero front bar, side skirts and rear pods. Also digital climate control units. I wish mine got it :( .

I've got a Type M GTS, it has the body kit, side skirts,front bar,quater skirts. It's got small options like velour interior few other extra's brakes r slightly different i think. Rear window wiper....option more likely. Duno about the rest few things, doesn't matter just enjoy your skyline even if it's a type m/s/t/p/z/y/s/d whatever lol

Very few R32 GTS-t's were sold, most were 'Type M'. I've only seen one actual 'GTS-t' in Australia and 2 or 3 in Japan, ALL the rest (over 100) were Type M's. Such was the case that all turbo R33's are Type Ms...

Anyway, the Type M gets Viscous LSD and 4-pot/2-pot calipers on bigger disks, and some interior things like climate control as was already mentioned.

The 'aero bumper, side skirts and rear pods' were available across the range, and alot of Type M's had no body lit at all. So the body kit isn't a good way to see if you have a Type M.

The bottom line is: You'd be crazy to get a regular GTS-t over a Type M unless the GTS-t had 000,000km's on it. The Type M's were most popular because of the brake package and LSD, which put it closer to the (then) R32 GT-R in some areas. The regular GTS-t is basically a GTS with a turbo bolted onto it... nothing more.

• 7 months later...

questions liek this have probably been asked before but the type m had a few extra goodies, a bloke on this site said bigger brakes and a few extra interior trim things, this is all well and good but how can you tell with out measuring the bloody rotor or something. is there an indicator on the vin plate or somthing like that. are all gtst's type m's and the gts's had the type m upgrade goodies as options?. just curious.

also im looking at buying a 91 gtst and it has an electric front lip, would this be likely to be a type m?

cheers and sorry if ive posted something that has been asked over and over.

just looked up some specs, type m has 16 inch wheel, non has 15. any other pointers??

Edited by gfro

yeh the electric lip was only for the Type M. like u sed they have the bigger wheels, pretty sure thats about it really.

plus they only did type M from '91 onwards the normal gts-t was 89 - 90 although a type m was available.

Edited by thrtytwo

yeh the electric lip was only for the Type M.

The 'Auto spoiler' was an option for all R32s except the GT-R.

As has been posted 11tybillion times before, the only things that actually differentiate a Type M from the other R32s are the 4-pot front brakes/2-pot rear brakes, and the Viscous LSD. Digital climate control air con was standard too, but other GTS-ts (not Type M) could be optioned with it. I would add the GT-R lookalike 16inch wheels too, but so many cars have them swapped over or exchanged you can't really rely on that to tell you the difference anymore.

Optional equipment:

auto spoiler

rear wing

aero front bumper/side slirts/rear pods

CD player

metalic paint

Don't worry, far fewer GTS-ts (without 4-pot brakes etc) were sold than proper Type Ms. I've only ever seen one GTS-t here and in Japan, but seen countless Type Ms. The Type M is the one you want anyway...