SAU Community

Type M - R32

the standard front bar is different from the type m moddle but this would be easy changed as well. the only real way you can tell is from the bigger brakes.

Rezz: im pretty sure that most r32s come with the four pot fronts and twins rear. the GTS had smaller the GTS-t had fours and the type m has slightly larger rotors but the same size caliper. GTR caliper is bigger again.

There's nothing unique about the Type M other than the sticker on the back.

You take an R32 GTSt, it has optional upgrades available when you buy it new from the showroom, like a sports bumper, sideskirts, bigger brakes, alloy wheels etc.

You take these optional upgrades, then bundle em into a package, and offer it to customers for slightly less than what it'd cost to get em all seperately.

Now you're gonna need a name for this package... and you can't call it "OMGWTFLOL" coz no one wants to drive an "R32 GTSt OMGWTFLOL", so you call it something sporty... you call it a "Type M"... so generations of people who consequently buy the cars run around thinking they have some special car called the "R32 GTSt Type M" when all they have is a base model with a handful of factory extras... all of which are available on the base model.

You also get to sit back and chuckle in amusement as the occasional village idiot then starts calling his "R32 GTSt Type M" a "M Spec R32 GTSt".

/end rant

• Like 1

the standard front bar is different from the type m moddle but this would be easy changed as well. the only real way you can tell is from the bigger brakes.
No, the car in your avatar has the 'standard' front bumper and that particular front bumper was standard across the entire range of R32s (except GT-R). There was an 'aero bumper' which could be ordered alone or as a kit as in the picture below:

gallery_4816_41_4132.jpg

^^^ This bumper was OPTIONAL. It's called the 'aero bumper'.

Rezz: im pretty sure that most r32s come with the four pot fronts and twins rear. the GTS had smaller the GTS-t had fours and the type m has slightly larger rotors but the same size caliper. GTR caliper is bigger again.

No, the GTS-t (base model turbo) had 2-pot front brake calipers similar (maybe the same?) to the GTS N/A versions. I don't know the diameter of the disks as I've only ever seen one GTS-t (not Type M) in the last 6 years... ALL other R32 turbos I've seen have been Type Ms.

Ok, you're right saying most R32s came with 4-pot bakes, simply because most R32s imported into Australia have been Type Ms! Trust me on this, I lived in Japan for a long time and questioned many local Japanese people about this very subject over the years.

And the EXACT same car as the GTS-t Type M minus turbo is the GTS Type J

and I belive there was a 3rd bumper style for GTS's as I own it.

GTS Type S is the coupe.

Type G and Type J were sedans I think. I should scan and translate those sales brochures one of these days...

Hello,

*im logged in on my mates account, so if this is a stupid question apologies to him*

Would a R33 Type M have these same differences?

Is there anything else that would be different between a GTS-T and a TYPE M in a series 2 R33?

Thanks for any info.

BillyE.

plus they only did type M from '91 onwards the normal gts-t was 89 - 90 although a type m was available.

that sentence doesn't make sense mate. if they only made Type M from 91 onward then how can you own one? how can I own one for that matter? Mine is a 90 model and pretty sure I've seen 89 model type Ms too.

Hello,

*im logged in on my mates account, so if this is a stupid question apologies to him*

Would a R33 Type M have these same differences?

Is there anything else that would be different between a GTS-T and a TYPE M in a series 2 R33?

Thanks for any info.

BillyE.

Apparently all turbo R33 coupes are called Type-Ms. IMHO

that sentence doesn't make sense mate. if they only made Type M from 91 onward then how can you own one? how can I own one for that matter? Mine is a 90 model and pretty sure I've seen 89 model type Ms too.

I think he meant that they dropped the regular GTS-t (non-Type M) from '91 onwards Richard. Before '91 the GTS-t and Type M were sold in unison, after '91 they only sold Type Ms.

xRHETTx: You're right mate, ALL R33 turbo's are Type Ms.

... isn't it great that no ones mentioned 'M Spec'? Such a small thing but extremely irritating lol

xRHETTx: You're right mate, ALL R33 turbo's are Type Ms.

... isn't it great that no ones mentioned 'M Spec'? Such a small thing but extremely irritating lol

You're saying my Nismo R32 Gtst M spec Nur Spec V-spec II Z-tune 40th anniversary edition isn't real?

I swear its real, some guy on the internet told me! :D

You're saying my Nismo R32 Gtst M spec Nur Spec V-spec II Z-tune 40th anniversary edition isn't real?

I swear its real, some guy on the internet told me! :huh:

dont they have the stroked RB39 and 12 turbos ?, i also heard you can drive them underwater !

No, the car in your avatar has the 'standard' front bumper and that particular front bumper was standard across the entire range of R32s (except GT-R). There was an 'aero bumper' which could be ordered alone or as a kit as in the picture below:

gallery_4816_41_4132.jpg

^^^ This bumper was OPTIONAL. It's called the 'aero bumper'.

No, the GTS-t (base model turbo) had 2-pot front brake calipers similar (maybe the same?) to the GTS N/A versions. I don't know the diameter of the disks as I've only ever seen one GTS-t (not Type M) in the last 6 years... ALL other R32 turbos I've seen have been Type Ms.

Ok, you're right saying most R32s came with 4-pot bakes, simply because most R32s imported into Australia have been Type Ms! Trust me on this, I lived in Japan for a long time and questioned many local Japanese people about this very subject over the years.

sorry i haddent checked this thread for a while and was interested to see the topic.

not trying to be argumentative but i wasnt refering to the 32 in my avitar. im quite aware thats a standard bar and i didnt refer to it either.

i thought that that "aero bumper" was a type M because i have only ever seen it on GTS4s or 32s with the whole kit. but i gess that doesnt realy make sence. i just thought it was rare so it had to be type M.

also the type M has the bigger brakes as all the brake guides say. try buying new rotors they ask you for the size as there is like 4 to chose from. type M being the bigest before GTR then you get V spec and so on. basicly ive rearly seen any of the type m rotors so if your saying most of the r32s imported to aus are type M where are the Big Brakes?

but i could be wrong as i have been befor and im sure i will be again soon.