SAU Community

Mounting Video Camera

ABTO

first of all i searched google and yahoo and sau...

I am looking for a video camera mount for my car for an upcoming drift event to get some footage in/on the car

Would like to know if anyone in AUSTRALIA sells them?

I know there is the stickypod but its going to take 3-4 weeks to have it here i have spoken to them.

Need it within 2 weeks

If anyone has any shops, or knows anyways to mount the camera on the car as in a DIY tutorial it would be gladly appreciated :(

They are pretty hard to come by, you'll need something really solid for the event organisers to allow you out on to the track with a camera... it will need to be secured very well. Personally I'd go with a homemade job. There are a fair few places on the net that you can purchase from, but it will cost an arm and a leg... plus it will most likely come from overseas so it may not get here on time.

Ask dark where he got his equipment, if I’m not mistaken video cameras have a similar mounting technique to normal cameras.

If you have a roll cage, I'd be inclined to weld the top from a normal tripod onto the roll cage in that case... and possibly make a supporting frame or box for the camera so that it passes scrutineering at the pits...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Hi Dave and welcome! 
    • I have S15 helical too. It is a bit worn. I think the drive behaviour you describe is related to this wear. Wear of helicals is something that no-one seems to have paid a lot of attention to, but now that they (as in original Nissan ones) are all a bit old - we're starting to  see the consequences. The ends of the helical spurs wear into the casing. That's where they perform the braking that diverts torque. Some of the more modern helical designs have proper wear surfaces introduced there, but the Nissan ones are just steel on steel (or iron).
    • I've had a range of rear diff centres - open, viscous, helical, mechanical, welded, etc.   I can't go past a refreshed factory 32 gtr centre for consistent lock and street driving. The next step up for me would be the nismo 1.5 way , which likely suits you better as track sounds like the focus. Will chatter in carparks but its not the worst.   I have never tried a quaife rear diff, an option I've looked at before and might be one for you .....   Currently playing with an S15 centre at the moment and I hate it.  The transition from single wheel spin either side is just weird.
    • Honestly, I did think the PDM could do it and thought Haltech told me the pump didn’t like it. But after re-reading the emails and comments above, I clearly misunderstood lol.
    • I also run a CD009. I'm currently on a 4.08 and it's not great. I originally intended to run a 3.3 but had issues, more on that later. I'd stick to anywhere between a 3.3-3.7 as found in the 350z.  As for brands of ring and pinions, absolutely stay away from Speedtek. They are absolute garbage. See my build thread for more information on that. I went through two of there 3.3's and both had bad runout. They were paperweights and they have still yet to refund me.  I ended up putting in a Nissan 4.08, which was better then the original 4.36 but is far from ideal. I'm going to pop a 3.5 in this winter. I'd stick Nissan. I've also heard of a company "Neat Gearboxes" that makes them. Haven't tried them, but they can't be worst then Speedtek...