SAU Community

QLD Raceway Sprint Day April 26

locutus_of_bris

Is anyone already going, or interested in going to QLD Raceway for the sprints on April 26th? I am planning to get there for my first serious run in my skyline. Not sure I will be going totally hardcore for the first time, more just to see what the limits are and have a bit of fun. Having said that, by lap 2 anything is possible (I really should know better, of course I will end up going hardcore).

So if anyone else is heading out or wants to let me know. It would be great to finally meet a few people from in here - out there.

Cheers

L

:D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cost is approx $95 for 3 sets of 7 laps. I will check this and confirm but its within $5. You can go to www.queensland-raceway.org.au and look at the sprints page. Although I believe this may be out of date, it's close. I think the licence may now be $30 instead of $25.

The good thing is the licence is for one year, from the date you buy it. So next time you go out it's $30 cheaper for the same fun. You don't have to do 3 sets of laps either, but unless it's broke, I can't see a reason to stop.

And spectating, I believe is free. So definately come out if you can.

It's $40 for a first timer for 7 laps plus $30 for the 1 year valid licence. After that it's about $35 for 7 laps every event after the intial one. I raced there a couple of weeks ago when it was pouring down rain.. Trust me... WAY COOL!!!!!!!!!:):D

Oh.. and Slip... I'll be there if you are as I am really keen to race in the dry and see how your ride goes mate...

Can't wait. Hopefully will have the funds. I got a wedding to attend, Mt Cotton maybe, Qld Raceway. Sheesh... Might have to do either Mt Cotton or Qld Raceway. BTW... What the heck is LVMA????? Is that what we were on last time????

Will have to see if my car is ready by then. Getting a new ECU and coilovers, and also need to change the front wheel bearings. But assuming it's all done and I can afford it (lost my job last week, have to go back to a lower-paying one...) I'll be there. Otherwise I might head out and spectate. They don't let bikes out with the cars, do they?

Well my plans have changed, as they always seem to do. Now I will be there on the 29th of March as well (still my first time) but won't be running any nice rubber, so it will be interesting to say the least (or should I say fun). So now I plan to do both the March and April events. Hope to see some of you guys there, spectating and racing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have checked on the registration, and they told me to just rock up a bit early to make sure we get a place. I can let them know how many are coming to make sure we have the places if people confirm they are coming. It won't lock you into coming, but just so we can get wough places set aside for us. If someone doesnt turn up they will fill it I am sure. If you can let me know if you are going then I can let them know. By the end of this week would be good, if you can that is.

Thanks