SAU Community

Brake Pads

just looking at replacing my old pads. What is the best option for a R33 GTST? There are 2 options i can see at the moment:

1) Genuine Nissan -Front=$140

-Rear=$205

2) Bendix Ultimate -Front=$140

-Rear=$120

what is the best option, not only for price but performance? I hear that the Bendix wear quickly and chew up the discs?

not impressed with there performance what are the other "sports" pads you are comparing them to i love mine apart from the fact they squeel really bad at low speeds

You can get RB74s.

I'm not impressed with their performance (compared to other "sports" pads) but they're cheap as.

i use bendix ultimate and they are good, even with mild track use. I believe installation is the key to not having them squeel.

If u have rubbish front tyres like myself, they tend to lockup very easily. So no point in having great brakes with shitty tyres.

My last set were Nizmo and Im currently using Feredo's both were excellent pads but I think the Feredo's have a better pedal feel. Both where fine for street driving (cold) and track work (hot). The Nizmos lasted ages, even with some pretty spirited driving and a couple of track days! I'll be using the Feredos again, unless I decide to go to something even more expensive.

just looking at replacing my old pads. What is the best option for a R33 GTST? There are 2 options i can see at the moment:

1) Genuine Nissan -Front=$140

-Rear=$205

2) Bendix Ultimate -Front=$140

-Rear=$120

what is the best option, not only for price but performance? I hear that the Bendix wear quickly and chew up the discs?

Are you looking at road performance and are you going to use them for track days.

FERODO at $185each front and rear

or

HAWK,EBC or give RACE BRAKES SYDNEY 02 96091101 a call they will help you decide or [email protected]

Bendix ultimates are brilliant for the price, work from cold for road use, and even on the track they are fine.

For those recommending Jap other pads, what are the prices? I guarantee nothing comes near the bendix ultimates for $120

THe problem with the ultimates is they are dusty.

As for disc wear, any uprated pad will increase disc wear it is just how things work, they grip harder (higher friction co-efficient) and as a result the disc wears harder. Bt they work well with DBA 4000 series discs just machine them whenever you replace the pads.

Hello,

Sorry to hijack, but where do you get bendix ultimate for $120 im after some for the fronts, checked with repco last week or month and they wanted $180+ or something like that. Trying to find somewhere cheaper. Is $120 as low as they go?

Cheers!

SNG.

if you are in sydney, i got quoted for ultimates on my r33, $87 for fronts from auto-one in anzac pde kensington. That was about 6 months ago but was still heaps cheaper than repco, and autobarn which had quoted me 130 or something

Hi guys,

Just got off the phone from someone at Powerplay, they said Bendix don't make ultimates for the R33 Brembo caliper? Seems a little strange seeing i managed to get a price for them from repco last month. Can anyone suggest another pad that do make them for the R33 Brembos? Or did the people at Powerplay get mixed up? Though he did specifically say that they don't.

Cheers.

SNG.

Edited by SNG

What about endless SSS?

Yeh, would also like to know how Endless SSS compare to Bendix ultimates

I was under the impression that Endless SSS is the top of the range street pads

before going to the circuit spec pads

Ahh my apologies I thought you needed the 32 gtr standard / 33 gtst ones not the brembos. Having said that I very much doubt they don't make pads for them, they do make Ultimates for the 350z brembos and Im 99% sure the calipers are identical

No worries, i didn't explain myself very well, its for a R32 GTR, but im running R33 GTR brembos on it, hence the misunderstanding, i should have stated that at the beginning.

Its wierd because i called supercheap auto after and they told me i was looking at $107 for a set? and like i said above, repco had a listing for it too? so im not sure what to believe now.

It does seem a little strange that they wouldn't have it for the brembos for the R33 GTR, perhaps they were just trying to get me to buy the EBC Greenstuff they had in stock instead for $250.

Think i may go down to Supercheap tommorow and suss it out.

Cheers!

SNG.

Yeh, would also like to know how Endless SSS compare to Bendix ultimates

I was under the impression that Endless SSS is the top of the range street pads

before going to the circuit spec pads

I'll let you guys know in a couple of months :/

I just got a full set from NENGUN and will be fitting them ( with new DBA4000 rotors ) early May.

Here's my 2 cents on brakes I've tried:

Bendix Ultimates on stock discs - Good street pad but very dusty and wear fast.

EBC Green on EBC Turbogroove discs - Very good street pad up to track day use but wear fast ( wear disc fast too ).

Currently using Winmax on ZEAL Straight 6 discs - Work very well when hot but not bitey enough at cold to warm temps. Probably better suited for track days or "agressive" street use.

I tried a set of NISMO Pads on the ZEAL Straight 6 discs but never really gave them a chance so no real opinion on them.

well i've used:

race brakes RB74 fronts and comp 3 rears

bendix ultimates

endless SSS

project mu NA-S

I'm currently using the SSS on the gtr. they are not 100% when cold, they do need a bit of heat in them to work at their best. they arent dusty and arent noisy which i like. very well suited to fast road driving as i've never had them fade on the street. not so good on the track on semi-slicks. they do fade after a few hard laps and just generally overheat. I think the ultimates are probably a better road pad if you can deal with the dust. for the track i'm going to the endless CC-R got a front and rear set at home, just havent had a chance to try them yet.