SAU Community

R32 Gtr High Idle Problems

zinkrb250

I've searched and read several suggestions on how to fix a high idle problem... check for any vacuum leaks (cracked hoses, etc...), adjust TPS, adjust AAC, so on so on...

I've gone over several vacuum lines so far and haven't found any problem (as of now)... my boost gauge reads just a little below -.5 bar at idle... so i'm not exactly sure it's a vacuum leak.

i've checked the throttle cable and it looks like the throttle bodies are still closed at idle... there's enough slack in the line.

The idle is very steady and sits right around 1600rpm... when i turn my A/C on the idle lowers a few hundred RPM....

Any ideas please help

Cheers

-Andrew

Im not sure if what i saw will help you. I had some similar problem with my gtst. There's a unit called the TPS, that if you play with this it will adjust your revs depending on the angle of your butterfly. I would recommend not to play with this. There is also this little screw at the back of the RB20 that you can play with to adjust your idle. I think that is what your after. I know you have an RB26 I know where the TPS is and i havent moved mine at all. The screw on the other hand that might adjust your idle on the RB26, I have not yet found on mine. I'll try and get back to you where it is, but I cannot guarantee if thats it coz i dont want to play with mine =) Good luck.

Had this same problem myself,turned out to be air regulator.

Only thing is you have to remove the intake mani to get to it,if you have a manual you might be able to work out which hoses run to it(bit hard to describe)then block the hoses and check if thats the problem.

Otherwise you'll have to remove the intake.

*note this is what I did to fix it,might not fix yours...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Looks like a scam. It has all the telltale signs: - The "business" doesn't have a physical address or really any kind information listed - It's using a generic online store website template - The prices are ridiculously reduced. To good to be true cheap - Everything is in stock and can be ordered in any possible combination   I've seen a few of these for other products as well. Things like sunglasses for example. I'd say stay away from it! And maybe reach out to the real theskylineshed and let them know this exists. I doubt there is much they can do about it, but still.   I don't know if they would actually take your money if you ordered something. Or whether it is just for collecting credit card details to scam otherwise. I'm not game enough to try it.
    • Hi guys has anyone ever bought from this website theskylineshed.shop?? Not theskylineshed.com as I’m aware there is 2 similar but different sites.     has anyone had any issues with theskylineshed.shop???
    • Luckily I haven’t bought one yet but I’ve had several people tell me different things and was trying to find out what’s going on with my car lol apparently type m had different lover knuckles like the gtr but someone put non type m knuckles on mine Ok on another topic does anyone have a spindle for sale mine is screwed bad lmao 
    • The vendor you bought from is a dickhead who can't tell the difference between AWD and RWD bearings. Their eBay listing is one of the first hits too, and is wrong. Any other hit shows the ones that are on your car. A search for GTR rear wheel bearings, unsurprisingly, finds the one you have from Shift. f**king muppets.
    • Got the flat door cards "good enough" for now. After cutting out the arm rest I removed all the stock trim material. Then filled the gap with a bit of Masonite and wrapped it in some adhesive foam to hide the  transitions as much as possible. Then I applied some black vinyl material to the panel with some spray on contact adhesive smoothing the edges as best as I could. Here is how it sits in the car with the door handle and cut down window switch mounted