SAU Community

Warning: Ebay Performance Products

I have recently bought a turbo from a particular internet based company. the product sold turned out to be faulty. Any communication with the company regaurding warranty claim was ignored, nor did he reply to any emails sent. When purchasing the product a 1 year warranty covered all products his company sells. this, an extract from the web site "With the highest level of quality, all product sold by us are back with a 12 month period warrantee." when reading this i believed it to be honest testamint, so i bought the product.

as i found out a warantee of any type, or even communication is just an absolute joke.

Even when simply asking questions about the product, there was no response.

A company with such outright disreguard for procedure and service, not to mention being in breach of fair trading practices and misleading advertising, should not exist. To my knowledge he probably doesnt have an ABN number or i would probably seek legal advice for procecution.

i would appreciate any feedback or information reguarding this matter, as i belive it is import for us as consumers to end businesses such as this particular one outlined, that rip people off regularly and and who base their sales on lies and fraud, destroying the industry for other legitamate internet comapanies.

No offence, but i'm not surprised.

I tend not to buy from any seller that puts incorrect spelling and poor grammar in their product description.

they sound pretty dodgy....what's their feedback like? how many?

I've bought stuff from businesses on ebay, and they've always been really professional - sent me an email with all their contact details etc

You can report them to ebay, don't know if it does much though >_<

hope you gave them really crappy feedback!

yeah all the spelling errors should have swayed me i guess lol. its probably a way to get around having to honer warranty claims!

he has alot of positive feedback from memory but the problem with ebay is you generally give feedback on overally buying experiance rather than product quality because people leave feedback before they fit it or have time to have problems with it. I actually didnt buy it through Ebay though but directly from his web Site.

Do chinese turbos and minfolds even have a proper warranty? I know some places give them, but every one in two china turbos break after boosting ;), so I wouldn't be suprised that the company selling them doesn't want anything to do with them after the moneys changed hands...

Don't buy china parts?

Hey daritoboy what you can do is file a compliant to the ebay board (Australain one) since the seller doesnt respond to your emails. Im sure if the product that you brought is faulty and it comes with a 12 month warranty as stated, you are entitled to a refund or a replacement. Usually they respond after u lodged a complaint. If they dont then you can hire a midiator to resolve the problem (around $50 if you think its worth it). Hope that sheds some light cause Ive been in a similar situation before and the seller was from US, goodluck on getting your $$$ back.

Another ebay warning.

Steer clear of a seller calling himself 'qmcp'. He WAS going by the name 'quartermileperformance', but if you look up that username you will see that he had to change names after screwing too many people over and getting too much negative feedback.

You've been warned.