SAU Community

Are Xr6 Turbo Drivers The New Commodore Driver?

i really haven't noticed any bad XR6t drivers. i always see the commodore drivers. whether it's the mum behind the wheel or a P plater. My mum drives a commodore and she really can't drive, same goes for my girlfriends mum.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only thinking this morning that I haven't heard any XR6t's being pushed. i would like to because they apparently sound great.

i hear more silvia's being thrashed than new falcon or commodores.

I probably drive my skyline and charade harder than most people drive their fords and holdens, not that I am reckless or break the law, just accelerating, breaking and cornering.

in all ohenesty, I think that most family cars will beat most stock gtst's off the line, unless the gtst driver gets a great launch. the ease of launch combined with the additional torque can make the standard commodore or falcon difficult to beat. i'm not saying they are better cars, just difficult to beat off the line.

I dont really have a problem with XR6T drivers... just Honda Accord Euro drivers. They cannot drive for shit and think the cars are the best things in the world. NEWSFLASH FOR ANYONE THAT OWNS ONE: They are slow ass cheap wannabe luxury cars. Stop acting posh thinking your car is on the same level as a 5 series+ BMW.

I dont really have a problem with XR6T drivers... just Honda Accord Euro drivers. They cannot drive for shit and think the cars are the best things in the world. NEWSFLASH FOR ANYONE THAT OWNS ONE: They are slow ass cheap wannabe luxury cars. Stop acting posh thinking your car is on the same level as a 5 series+ BMW.

ahahah im with you there !!

hahaah right on :cool:

i think a lot of import drivers feel threatened by domestically sold turbo 6's.

Yeah especially woth the XR6T, The VLT isnt as much of a threat as it uses a Skyline engine anyway.

Well this doesnt have much to do with Turbo 6s but we just brought a VL V8 Calais with a worked 308, anyway since we had a hire car me and my mum were driving behind dad in the Calais as we were on the other side of Katoomba.

So we're sitting at the lights when this group of P Platers pulled up beside dad i in a Hyundai Accent, so the tosser must of thought "Hey that guy has a V8 im gonna try and act like a hard c*nt* so he proceeds to rev his little 4 banger in attempt to drag the V8 Calais.

I seriously dont know why people in shitty little 4 bangers try and run V8s, seriously I drove the Calais and the torque would've left the ricer in the dust, as its probably making about 200-250rwhp.

Edited by RyanVLSL

Should we end this discusion now!

Idiots wil always be idiots no matter what car they drive .

Whether it be a skyline,holden or a ford, its still a car and behind the wheel an idiot, hoon or bogan is still an accident waiting to happen. Egos are a dangerous thing so keep them for playing Gturismo {playstation}

BY the way XR6T's are still the best thing Ford has put out of the factory since GTHO's :cool:

I wouldnt mind having a brief blast against an XR6 with no other cars around, 4 ltr turbo sounds like a powerful beast to me I'm not interested in people driving up beside me comparing a R33 skyline that has a different paint colour to mine... Maybe they think red is faster than my white? strange...

And I don't feel threatened by an XR6 or anything like that, they're well known to be faster than a GTS (this site even has faster times posted) and I'd buy an XR6 if I

A) Could afford the car

B) Afford the fuel

C) put up with the heavy high off the ground feel

Edited by TheMikeC