SAU Community

Question Bout Motorplex

Psiker

im not sure if neone else has noticed this but...

Every time i go to the drags on wednesday nights i really do see a little bias out there to the boys who live in lanes 2+3 (holdons and Fords)

Take last week for instance. chrisroi did a burnout, it was a little excessive yes and did go slightly past the start lane. but next thing i know the guy who sends the car thru is holding the sing up behind his car making a big deal about it and abusing chrisroi.

And then there was the usual from the aussie brigade "kick him out" "f'ing peice of crap jap cars can't do burnout neways"

Shortly after the same gentleman at the drags was showing some guy in a hotrod how to do a burnout and cheering him on as he went miles past the start lane. ?!?!?!

Has this bias always happened at the drags and will it improve. i hope so bcause i think that it is a good night for all cars aussie and jap. and that it shouldnt be ruined by peoples preference on cars as to whether they can break ne rules or not

i know this probably doesnt make ne sense but ne way thanx for humoring me. hopefully someone can enlighten me as to why it is like this

Many thanx

Psiker

P.S - I do think all the guys at the drags are top blokes and do a great job to keep these things goin for us car enthusiasts

You're right, there is some bias towards the aussie cars.... but it's just thier fear of inferiority really.

Don't know about you but I cheered when i saw that old green XY falcon pull an 11second pass last week...

as much as I saw that white 11sec GTR this week....

There are countless cars (mainly trevs, sorry shouldnt stereotype!) that do burnouts pass the start line and it's not fair we get told off for it when we're the smallest group of perpetraitors. Long live equality I say!

Yes, I know quite profound for a friday arvo at work. then again, that's what beer does to ya!

-Kym.

Psiker,

The trevs have been there alot longer and have a very strong fan base, even among the officials, but in general I have found there to be no real issues. Hell if I were an official I would be biased towards jap cars.

Don't worry about it too much, the number of jap cars turning up will eventually sway both the public and officials our way.

See'ya:burnout:

i think its a numbers thing as it takes longer for lanes 1/2 to run through we get the perception that they get a better deal - my mate runs a white commodore super streeter down there and he gets about the same passes as me per night - i been put in there lanes before and didnt notice ant difference . The young guy that normally looks after the staging lanes on wednesdays - if any off you ever bother to have a chat to him is quite a import fan

heh i may be running the little excel on wednesday so i dont look like too much of a tool for the 4 & 6 day.

hoping to get better than what my title suggests. manybe a 18. but we will see

i can spin the tyres but they dont like to smoke up. ( lack of power i presume)

now if they had some turns i would get some sideways action happening... yay understeer

Psiker

My breaks squeeked like sheit before I put some Bendix Ultimate in on the weekend.

How can they "test brakes" by tapping the pedal when the car is idling?

FYI: Ultimate pads are top stuff, except they are pretty dusty!