SAU Community

Re Spray

Flash89

it does!

im happy as >_<

dave had your car in the room ready to be painted as i left.. ill be looking around at autosalon for yours, looks sweet as is!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any one know the amount of colour coats and then clear coats on the GMG R32 GTR out of the factory? I know the colour is Nissan's KH2, but I have a body kit in mind and want it fitted after spraying and also want the bonnet resprayed to match the cars exact colour.

Also, what would it cost to get a kit + bonnet resprayed? I will probably take my car to damage control because I have some rust that I want them to clean up for me as well.

• 1 month later...

5500 it is going to cost me to get my car dont by fibre vision, going with black, red pearl, and gold glitter. i guess i am paying most of it by labour, cause of the colour i am after and this is just the out side of ther car

thats reasonably 'cheap' for what you are having done.

not having the door seals/engine bay/etc etc done?

i was going to get mine done in calsonic/bionic blue, before i decided to sell it, was looking at about $7,000 for that, but i *know* that would have been a good job.

I remenbered got quoted 10 grand to respray my lude a while ago and this is just the exterior from a Rac approved workshop. I just looked at the guy and laugh sif anyone will pay that much.

• 3 weeks later...

umm depending if you have had any past experiance and how confident you are. could do the prep work your self, such as getting the car primed up and everything, takes a while and your car while look funny for a while but it really cuts down man hours therefor taking a huge chunk out of the cost,

me and my mate worked on priming his hilux mini truck every weekend, took a while but that was because we were shaving door handles etc.

it is time consuming but the longer you take to get the primer on there right and sanding it back so its 100 percent perfect the better finish you will get.

this is my mates car preped and when he got it sprayed >_< hope this helps, if it doesnt then shoot me >_<

post-24878-1158321646.jpg

post-24878-1158321688.jpg