SAU Community

Hi everyone,

I recently took a mate to Dr Drift's workshop in Brooklyn to pick up his car from tuning. Whilst there was tempted to put my car on the dyno to see what effect, if any, my recent mods had (refer this thread).

Run was done in 4th gear.

post-710-1141817963.jpg

The last time I had my car on the dyno (Vic N/A dyno day back in November 2003 :)) it made 81rwkw in 4th gear. At the time I was disappointed with this, however I believe the dyno was set rather conservatively as all RB25DE's dynoed that day read around this range (mine was actually the highest on the day :().

So I would NOT say that my recent mods added 25rwkw, but they definitely gave some improvment.

For those who don't know the details of my engine, they are as follows:

- 7/1995 RB25DE seriesII engine

- Apexi power intake pod filter

- UAS cold air box with cold air feed

- Coby extractors, heat wrapped

- HKS 2.5" exhaust system cat back

- Advanced timing (Dr drift/Sam said it was advanced from stock, don't know exact figure)

Because my engine is running too lean throughout the rev range, there is still more power to be gained, perhaps with a SAFC. I'm going to try cleaning my AFM first. btw don't use carby cleaner for this as it eats the finish on the sensor (to paraphrase Sam). CO (contact) cleaner is the stuff to use, available from Jaycar.

Regards

Greg

Edited by Greg

Thats a shit dyno, a 25de should pull a lot more than that, go elsewhere mate, both dynos u have been on are shit

thanks for your positive input :D

to me this result seems relatively consistent with other forums user's results. i suppose no dyno is ever "accurate"... you are always making compensations.

how much do you reckon a rb25de should pull?

i'd say that the dyno is reading a bit low'ish - but mine could be high :D

cleaning the afm sounds like a good idea, ur afr's are a bit funny (safc shud be sweet too)

wierd dip over @ 130-140km/hr ???

getting a torque curve wud have been good (coz who cares abt max power :kiss:), as well as running the power curve against RPM instead of speed.

to give you an idea mine made 108.4rwkw (dynodynamics) and only with a podfilter and CAI with a stock exhaust.

eug

the dyno is fine greg. ive had my r33 (the silver series 2 with busted zorst)

on there several times and the power is consistent with power ive made at other dyno runs. last time i made 194rwkw and my power runs have been consistent

hmm yeah every dyno seems to give a differnt reading.

that dip in power might be due to the VCT soliniod changing the cams?

your car doesnt seem to be running too lean. lean means more power and less wasted gas... but then im not 100% sure what the af ratio should be.

its good to see you got yours dynoed. hopfully mine will get dynoed on sat next week.

damn my old rb20e made its peak power at 5000rpm. lol

I think the only way for dyno readings to be comparable is to use the same dyno on the same day in the same gear. I guess the dyno i used was set conservatively.

Yeah the dip is a bit strange... hopefully cleaning the AFM sorts out the issues

The torque is low... last time I dynoed it was mid 500 nm. In reality it feels torquier than ever so it must just be a dyno setting again.

the dyno is fine greg. ive had my r33 (the silver series 2 with busted zorst)

on there several times and the power is consistent with power ive made at other dyno runs. last time i made 194rwkw and my power runs have been consistent

it makes its peak power at 5200rpm

Hey mate

My friend's black 180sx also has an exhaust leak, as you guessed. It is still the quickest car I've been in to date though >_< Have you had your leak fixed yet? if so did it make much difference?

Did you calculate the peak power rpm based on n/a ratios? On the way home I observed that 100 km/h is 3750rpm in 4th gear. Based on this: 3750 / 100 * 150 = 5625rpm?

Cheers

nah my leak isnt fixed yet, about two weeks and it will be done

the dyno isnt conservative. its just like all the other dyno's.

what figure were u expecting?

pick a km/h point divide by 28 then times by 1000 to get rpm

hang on

500nm of torque????? you can't be serious.

its not possible. xr6turbo's and big v8's make that

im sorry there is no way a n/a rb25de will make that much torque.

ignuz,

visit www.nismo.com.au for details and pricing on the box. it cost my $195 two years ago.

nah my leak isnt fixed yet, about two weeks and it will be done

the dyno isnt conservative. its just like all the other dyno's.

what figure were u expecting?

pick a km/h point divide by 28 then times by 1000 to get rpm

hang on

500nm of torque????? you can't be serious.

its not possible. xr6turbo's and big v8's make that

im sorry there is no way a n/a rb25de will make that much torque.

based on my previous run on the dyno i was expecting about 90rwkw.

hmm that formula isn't consistent with my observation. 100km/h / 28 * 1000 = 3571 rpm. i think that formula based on GTS25t ratios?

i didn't believe the 500nm either - i'll scan in the dyno graph and show you though FYI.

Ignore torque figures unless its back to back on the same dyno in the same gear with the same ratios.

The torque line I've found is good when playing with ignition timing, it shows eactly the affect dialing a little more in our out has, much easier than reading the power curve.

The AFR's are tuned nice, suits N/A. :)

• 2 weeks later...