SAU Community

Computer Jargon

Madaz

Cubes that sounds like a plan and something i would deffinately be down with.

I recently churned my account to Node ADSL2 but missed out on the migration at my exchange by a few days so i'm stuck on 1500/256 for up to a possible 10 week wait.

Ahh bugger..

ADSL2 is nice, web browsing you notice a slight speed increase over 1500 but dloads and video streaming is where its all at. :)

What exchange are you on?

I'm on the Corro.

We got normal broadband when it first came out and are now stuck into a contract with a small DL limit and not the fastest connection :)

we just jad a letter telling us that our current plan is no longer active and have been changed to a more expensive one with no extra downloads or anything . bloody Ozemail

can't really complain they forgot to bill us for a year :)

yeah for sure im down for a lan :)

dont be sorry about revieing this thread its why i created it so we can keep a tech talk in here and not create heaps of threads when most the tech heads would of come here any ways ... if that makes sence

yeah post ur 3d mark 06 orb heres mine

3dmark 06

Well i'm KINDA on ADSL2+ at the moment through Node

I churned my account from the son of rajab of the Ghey ISP's (bigpond)

But i missed out on the migration to ADSL2 by about a week at the Norwood exchange so it could be up to another 10 weeks before i see any speeds over 1500/256!

But i was on Bigpond 512/128 paying exactly what i'm paying through Node now except with Node i now have the speed and a 40GB a month d/l limit!

Currently i'm not doing my 1GB a day which is what i'll have to do to make use of it

EDIT: I couldn't see anywhere what my score was on 3dMark 06. I'll run it again 2night and see what i get.

Edited by MADGT4

if u get a error b4 running the benchmark like u dont have windows media 9 codec or sum sort of other error the benchmark doesnt record a result till this is fixed

your PCs kick mine's ass :) .... but mine is nearly 2 years old. Good old XP2500+ 1.9Ghz o/c'd to XP2700+ 2Ghz

Going to upgrade to a dual core 3800 AMD with 2Gb ram, 500Gb SATA HDD etc in the next few months. Gotta stop spending money on the R34 first :D

post-669-1148626159.jpg

yeah mines getting on a bit its a Gigabyte 915P 3.1GHZ Pentium 3(?) with a gig of RAM

going to send this to my comp at work for a laugh it has 32Mb of ram and a 1 gig hard drive, It takes forever to do anything got to love tight arsed companies

post-26183-1148631302.jpg

oh thought so but wasn't 100% sure, as usual i handed over the credit card and walked out with out really paying attention LOL sounds familiar ....thinks about car

although the idiots sold me the wrong graphics card - i double checked when i was down picking the parts up and they assured me it was correct only to find that it didn't even fit into the motherboard, so i had to go back down to the city and pay extra for the correct one, i wouldn't have been pissed off if i had been given the correct ine to begin with

Edited by Whiplash

nah Steve - I run a skin/theme pack called "Brico Pack Longhorn Inspirat" .... Goolge it, download and install it - it is really brilliant. Basically makes XP look and feel like Vista (to a certain extent) - the only thing missing is the virtual program scrolling, but has many cool features and looks great!