SAU Community

Computer Jargon

Madaz

Win 7 already like Vista has proven to me that it can lick my balls. :)

Seriously if Microsoft are going to continue to build this bullshit admin control into their OS'es I'll happily f**k right off back to XP and OSX. I absolutely refuse to be treated like a computer newbie/moron and have restrictions put on my OS.... and before you fans of 7 get here and tell me to turn some bullshit UAC off (doesn't work anyhow)..... my point is I shouldn't f**kin' have to!!!! :D

you wouldnt like any form of linux then would you. Stick to a mac much more noobish

How is OSX noobish?

If you think it's acceptable that Microsoft want to control what you can or can't do with YOUR OS then that's good for you. Not acceptable to me!

So unticking UAC is to hard for you folks, thats one check box is a real noodle scratcher isnt it.

Maybe you didn't read my post corectly.... Unticking UAC (maybe you're reffering to UAC 'Never Notify' at it's lowest setting) or even running command or .exe as Administator (and I am the Admin) doesn't work, if it did I might not be so pissed about it. The fact that I would have to do this at all is crud!

Error messages stating I don't have necessary permissions. I'm over it and will boot my XP drive now.... :D

I'm a linux engineer so I'm biased, but have you guys ever tried Fedora ? Its one of the best distros out there and has come a long way from when I first started using Slackware back in the late 90's

I dualboot F10 and XP on my asus EEE. the F10 is so much faster, so I use it whenever I don't need to - sadly some things only come with windows drivers so it doesnt have the same level of support as windows, but for a lot of folks its at the stage where they can use it. And its FREE.

And if you don't like unix-like operating systems, there is always the Haiku OS

It's based on BeOS which was a serious player in the multimedia section up until Be Inc folded late 2001 after a disasterous focus shift to 'Internet Appliances' (basically cloud computing and lightweight hardware - they were 8 years too early unfortunately).

Haiku is built from the ground up, is pervasively multithreaded, object oriented and open source (and hence Free). It has the ease of use of MacOS but at this stage is still declared 'alpha' quality but only because the code hasn't been tested on all hardware. So far its pretty much rock solid in everything it does, and very very lean on resources.

I remember when BeOS came out and they had p2-400's and voodoo2 videocards... one of the early demos was to run an openGL cube and superimpose a unique movie file on each face while the cube was rotating... it used I think around 20% cpu due to the super efficient way BeOS deals with media streams...it was way ahead of its time, and while Haiku is a replication of this technology and so doesn't have many 'modern' features, I'm confident the 2nd release of Haiku will be world class. Try it out, even if only on a VMware console and give it a go.

-D

Win 7 already like Vista has proven to me that it can lick my balls. :)

Seriously if Microsoft are going to continue to build this bullshit admin control into their OS'es I'll happily f**k right off back to XP and OSX. I absolutely refuse to be treated like a computer newbie/moron and have restrictions put on my OS.... and before you fans of 7 get here and tell me to turn some bullshit UAC off (doesn't work anyhow)..... my point is I shouldn't f**kin' have to!!!! :D

my uac turned off fully, no pop ups at all... im convinced by win 7, it got off to a much better start than the enterprise version of vista ultimate that i have.... i think it was vista ultimate BSoD spec

lol, if Microsoft keep going down this vein and line of thinking, peeps are either gonna head back to XP or like you said, MAC!

some good lol's in this thread atm

UAC is a good thing if ever you've seen my dad on a pc and other complete noobs its something you know we need, not we being me but we being other hopeless users

some good lol's in this thread atm

UAC is a good thing if ever you've seen my dad on a pc and other complete noobs its something you know we need, not we being me but we being other hopeless users

I'm certainly not someone who needs UAC or will tolerate it.

wow one nerd is upset they need to turn it off.

It's easier for computer literate people to turn UAC off then it is for illiterate computer users to turn it on.

So a bit of fail there.

Steve your not asked to tolerate it just turn it off

As Karl has said its easier for a pro to turn it off than a noob to turn it on

And you know this has come about from the likes of kazaa and bear share mum and dads would download the latest cracked something but they really get a virus