SAU Community

Computer Jargon

Madaz

ok i give up and need some help getting my website up and running properly and the email account as well :-(

so if anyone knows anything about PO3 emails and getting domain names up and running more than happy for some help

(luke i know your technically minded and want to see my place so win win :nyaanyaa: )

ok i give up and need some help getting my website up and running properly and the email account as well :-(

so if anyone knows anything about PO3 emails and getting domain names up and running more than happy for some help

(luke i know your technically minded and want to see my place so win win :nyaanyaa: )

are you hosting the domain and mail services yourself or paying a third party to do it for you?

i've setup domains and emails on linux and windows servers before, if you're doing the 'host it yourself' route.

the other way is easier, just call up the isp/host and tell them what you want

-D

O.K guys need some advice if I can. Looking at going into a "rent to buy" plan at Jb's, Harvey Norman or Radio rentals to get a laptop, not looking for anything WOW as there wont be any gaming and graffic work being done on it. What could you reconmend I look into? P.s not a MAC fan at all

O.K guys need some advice if I can. Looking at going into a "rent to buy" plan at Jb's, Harvey Norman or Radio rentals to get a laptop, not looking for anything WOW as there wont be any gaming and graffic work being done on it. What could you reconmend I look into? P.s not a MAC fan at all

Look at getting an Asus Laptop, stay away from Sony Vaio. I wouldn't recommend "rent to buy" for a few reasons;

1. you pay more then the laptop is worth

2. getting repairs done under warranty are a pain in the ass

3. If you do go "rent to buy" write down the serial number and model number, as quite often if you take the laptop back for repairs it may get lost/swapped with another customer different laptop.

Only reason I'm looking at getting the laptop and "rent to buy" is so I get a credit rating as I dont have one and will be looking at buying a house soon so figured it will help out with the house loan. Its either that or the 24 months interest free but not sure how that works out. Yeah understand by the end you pay more then they're worth, but that beats the upfront payment of the larger amount and the no credit rating :(

Only reason I'm looking at getting the laptop and "rent to buy" is so I get a credit rating as I dont have one and will be looking at buying a house soon so figured it will help out with the house loan. Its either that or the 24 months interest free but not sure how that works out. Yeah understand by the end you pay more then they're worth, but that beats the upfront payment of the larger amount and the no credit rating :(

Pretty sure it only counts if you default or fail to pay it off, it will affect you negatively then. If you pay it off on time it won't do shit as far as I know, especially as it is such a tiny amount.

I know this isn't how it works but personally if I saw that someone needed a loan for a laptop and wanted to buy a house it would tell me they suck at saving and hence might also suck at paying off a house.

Just buy a dell off their website, they are so god damn cheap these days, ~$600 for the basic ones which are more than enough power for office work.

Edited by Rolls

It's requesting a line of credit - so it will come up in a credit report.

Mind you - so will applying for a personal loan, or a credit card.

I would have thought applying for a small credit card (and not using it) would have been more beneficial for your credit rating, TBH.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah looks like there is nothing wrong with it broadband over power is nothing new it was actually proposed as an alternative to copper but it interferes with wait for it .... HAM radio

Any of you boys tried these before

http://www.netcomm.com.au/netcomm-products/powerline/np204

I just got a pair from MSY and am loving them, had a guts full of wifi for my media pc so these are a good option i think!

I’ve given them a shot before when I needed a temporary LAN. The ones I had (Netgear if I can recall correctly) claimed to run at 200Mbps. I know that’s a theoretical speed however based on my tests I could only ever achieve 30-35Mbps tops which was too slow for my needs. I was expecting at least 50Mbps. Now I have wired the house with CAT6 right through. MUCH better for multiple hi-def streams :D

Anyone had experience with $500 workstation graphics cards? I'm looking to get one for work but have had nothing to do with them before.

Yeah they use geforce quadro's for cad at my work. Pretty good cards for rendering 3d models in complex detail. Not good for gaming ;P

-D