SAU Community

Computer Jargon

Madaz

that is an awesome setup.....but i am with you on this Andrew....water and electrical components dont mix :)

water cooling is only dangerous when you use water ;P

there are proper coolants available that are non conductive, as well as all-in-one premade units like the corsair cpu cooler found here

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=12235

which i have used on several of my recent builds - theyre awesome...

otherwise, you can completely immerse your components in an inert solution, such as here :

http://yourtech.typepad.com/main/2008/10/l...right-here.html

one of the earliest examples of this they used canola oil - which obviously isnt great to get on components as its thick and a pain to remove off components - the proper coolants evaporate like alcohol once components are removed from the solution bath

its good stuff, but way expensive for the most part

-D

Thats a sexy piece of hardware I reckon... pity about the price.

quite pretty but there is a good reason the cost is so high, and that is the atx connector backplate at the rear of the motherboard - sealing that section off to stop leaks is pretty difficult however these guys make their own gaskets and use a brace to keep the pressure on the case

incidentally some mainframe/datacentre computers are 100% immersion watercooled because of the huge amount of heat distributed from all the cpu cores

gonna buy that very corsair water cooler next fortnight - hopefully this coming summer it'll be sufficient to keep my system totally cool

-D

Some help required lads, my sis tried to connect to the net the other day only to have firefox chuck up a message that it was configured to use a proxy server that was not allowing connections or some jazz.

I went into internet options and selected 'auto-detect proxy setting for this network' so i can go on the net, just wondering if I should leave it on that or will it be (more) vulnerable to attacks/people fking with my pc, or could that even be the case as to why the error came up in the first place?

Some help required lads, my sis tried to connect to the net the other day only to have firefox chuck up a message that it was configured to use a proxy server that was not allowing connections or some jazz.

I went into internet options and selected 'auto-detect proxy setting for this network' so i can go on the net, just wondering if I should leave it on that or will it be (more) vulnerable to attacks/people fking with my pc, or could that even be the case as to why the error came up in the first place?

Only tick it if she's running a proxy server... which I highly doubt unless the PC is in a business location.

THat option on or off wont change anything to do with people attacking it.

Excuse me ladies and gents.

It's not so much computer oriented.

Do any of you know how to make my LG BD560 blu ray player region free? I remember doing it for my old LG dvd player years ago. It was some code I had to enter in.

I am having trouble finding anything about unlocking the region code on the net.

Any help would be fantabulous. PM me if ya can.

Saves cluttering up this thread with my useless shiznit