SAU Community

Computer Jargon

Madaz

WOW msy is getting fancy they have changed there website so you can actually make an account and put stock in a cart no delivery as yet but you choose pickup and i guess select the store you want to pick up from

Its handy to see if they actually have what you want in stock, rather than trying to ring them and have no one answer :rolleyes:

Or ring and have someone you can't understand answer rolleyes.gif

Turned on my desktop for the first time in ages the other day to install NFS, and to my surprise the gtx260 I bought over a year and a half a go can still put out 1920x1080 with everything set to high and a decent frame rate..

Does anyone happen to have a 20-24 pin PC power supply adapter laying around I can buy? I want to fit an older (but awesome) 20 pin Thermaltake PSU into a PC I am making the lad for Xmas, but newer motherboards are of course 24 pin.

What I am looking for is like this : http://cgi.ebay.com....=item2eaf34d7b0

I have ordered a couple off Ebay, but assume they won't get here by Xmas, so if no-one has one locally I will have to go buy a cheap PSU for the PC, which would suck. Anyone got a converter laying about?

Does anyone happen to have a 20-24 pin PC power supply adapter laying around I can buy? I want to fit an older (but awesome) 20 pin Thermaltake PSU into a PC I am making the lad for Xmas, but newer motherboards are of course 24 pin.

What I am looking for is like this : http://cgi.ebay.com....=item2eaf34d7b0

I have ordered a couple off Ebay, but assume they won't get here by Xmas, so if no-one has one locally I will have to go buy a cheap PSU for the PC, which would suck. Anyone got a converter laying about?

I don't know for certain about the latest boards, but the earlier ones (first year or so when 24 pin was used) could run off a normal 20 pin ATX.

Failing that, I bought 2 430w thermal take psus from MSY a year a go for about 40 bucks each, one's been runing a c2d + 6 hdd's fine ever since, and the other is still powering a 2x100wrms car amp.

ordered a few goodies today :)

Fractal Design Define R3 Titanium case

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition CPU

Sapphire Radeon HD6950 2GB Graphics card

Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Rev2 MoBo

CoolerMaster GX 750W PSU

oh jealous much :D

129075535313691896.jpg

ordered a few goodies today :)

Fractal Design Define R3 Titanium case

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition CPU

Sapphire Radeon HD6950 2GB Graphics card

Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Rev2 MoBo

CoolerMaster GX 750W PSU

Great case Carl.

I've got one also.......................very well insulated for sound but it's pretty heavy unfortunately

I have no idea how you guys justify spending that much money on an upgrade to your PC when in a year it is worth nothing. I have built a PC that won't quite look as good, and will only be 90% as fast, but cost a quarter of the bits you are getting Carl.

all the bits i have ordered are actually quite middle of the road apart from the vid card. also by going back to AMD i am saving a good $500 that would have gone towards paying for the word intel.

the fact of the matter is, if im not spending unnecessary money on my car, its going on the PC.... neither are an investment by any stretch of the imagination lol

About $1k

quite decent

I spent around $2k last year on memory (12gb), psu (850w), vidcard (r4890), cpu (i7 920), mobo (p6t deluxe v2) and 2x 1tb hdd's... then another $1.5k this year on ssd (50gb revodrive), case (coolermaster storm sniper black), bluray burner (LG), tape backup unit (Quantumn DLT-V4), keyboard (G19) and another 2tb hdd (WD Green)...

last pc worked for a good 5 years, I'm hoping the current platform I have will last that long (it should provided I upgrade the videocard and cpu when the cpu socket gets to its EOL)

-D