SAU Community

Computer Jargon

Madaz

Yeah they use geforce quadro's for cad at my work. Pretty good cards for rendering 3d models in complex detail. Not good for gaming ;P

-D

Not to mention pricey, last time I looked...about 6 months ago, they were around the $1k mark or higher.

Yeah they use geforce quadro's for cad at my work. Pretty good cards for rendering 3d models in complex detail. Not good for gaming ;P

-D

What CAD systems are they using?

It will be used for predominantly CAM applications, Edgecam to be specific. With a bit of CATIA and SolidWorks thrown in for good measure. Tool-path verification will be what i need the graphics power for. Unless it is coded to support some GPU computing, which I doubt.

Is it worth going for a workstation card even if the program isn't specifically supported with drivers? Or would I be better off spending the same coin on a gaming card which will have more brute power, however not as fine tuned?

anyone got a decent computer for sale cheap ??

i have a barebones chassis (case + motherboard, u would have to get the rest) in my cupboard that i'd happily part with. had big plans but went in another direction.

lemme kno if u want more details /pics etc

What CAD systems are they using?

Heaps. Wonderware, Autocad, Altium Designer, etc...

Is it worth going for a workstation card even if the program isn't specifically supported with drivers? Or would I be better off spending the same coin on a gaming card which will have more brute power, however not as fine tuned?

Depends on the software - I'd check with the manufacturer. No point spending $1k on a card that the software cant use.

-D

500 just the tower i got monitior wanted for some vidoe editing nothin spectacular and just crusing the net

glad to see you bought only what you needed

many people get sucked in

count yourself as not one of them ;)

-D

I asked Adam a few weeks ago to change my Internet Plan to their new plans - AdamBasicChoice 100GB, which is up to 20Mbps.

So my account rolled over the other day, and I hadn't received my extra speed - was a little pissed, so I sent them an email, and they replied saying it was going to take 3-5 days, as the wholesaler still had to apply my upgrade.

Well, I got home today from Balgowan, checked my speed, and I am rather happy with it :)

1155323548.png

Had torrents going at the time, but I am not going to complain.

If your with Adam make sure you up your connection profile. I've got a SNR of 6 and run stable on their second to fastest profile. I sure noticed the difference over standard.

I have no idea how to do that, but with my modem - Billion 7300GRA with Autodetect settings, I get this

180460_191634640861082_100000436423638_643301_385195_n.jpg

I have no idea how to do that, but with my modem - Billion 7300GRA with Autodetect settings, I get this

180460_191634640861082_100000436423638_643301_385195_n.jpg

thats pretty damn good for australian copper. I wouldnt be complaining, thats for sure

-D

If your with Adam make sure you up your connection profile. I've got a SNR of 6 and run stable on their second to fastest profile. I sure noticed the difference over standard.

You've also got to watch the error correction, speed and snr often look good on higher profiles but a good chunk of speed can be lost to correction on not so good lines.

If you're on an Adam dslam, jump on the members page and go to 'View Performance Profile'

If you're on an Adam dslam, jump on the members page and go to 'View Performance Profile'

Nope, don't have that option. Most likely as I am on ADSL not on ADSL2+, even though my modem is using the ADSL2+ protocol to sync...meh, I am happy with the results - downloaded 1.4gb in 10-20min :)

Nope, don't have that option. Most likely as I am on ADSL not on ADSL2+, even though my modem is using the ADSL2+ protocol to sync...meh, I am happy with the results - downloaded 1.4gb in 10-20min :)

Sure it's not ADSL2+ over a telstra dslam?

"ADSL" will get you 8mbit/1 and "ADSL over POTS G.992.1" 12mbit/1.3 under perfect line conditions.

Adam can still tweak the line profile, but you've got to call up to get it done.