SAU Community

Computer Jargon

Madaz

If you talk to them long enough, after you do the things they say to do on your computer, they ask for your credit card details over the phone and they will 'send' you an antivirus program to get rid of all the scary things they tell you they have found on your pc. My old man listened to the whole scam when he was rung, just to figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...
Limited Edition Pre-Order Bonus

Pre-order SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED now and get exclusive access to not only three hot bonus cars, but also new career events. Roar off the line with the Nissan Silvia spec.R Aero (S15), the Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV, and the Lamborghini Murciélago LP640. Test your driving skills against bonus single race events, Old vs. New car model challenge events, plus the Manufacturer Showdown that pits iconic cars against each other in an all-out-battle to prove which reigns supreme.

don't forget guys this is released very soon and looks awesome

>>Shift 2 Unleashed Pre Order<<

yeah that looks good but i think Shift 2 will be a little better

cant get shift 2 under US status, you need a proxy to make it look like your in the states

what i can see is they get it for around $43 :blink:

yeah that looks good but i think Shift 2 will be a little better

cant get shift 2 under US status, you need a proxy to make it look like your in the states

what i can see is they get it for around $43 :blink:

*Cough Cough*

• 3 weeks later...

my mate does... but im unsure if he is using that backplate.

cant hurt to ask ;)

Sweet, reckon you could give him a buzz for me pls? Just need the unused backplate (provided he isnt using it of course)

Cheers

-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hoping you guys can help me.

I have the following PC I built about 3 years ago.

E8400

4GB DDR2 RAM

512MB HD4870

Native resolution on my monitor is 1680x1050

The problem I have is that The Witcher 2 is not running all that great even on the lowest settings.

I was considering buying a 1GB HD6870 graphics card for a touch over $200.

My question is. Will my CPU be able to take advantage of this card? Or am I at a point with my PC where I'm better off just building a whole new i7 machine?

If I get the graphics card and get another year out of the computer I'll be happy as I tend to get a new one ever 3 - 4 years.

Thanks guys

Hoping you guys can help me.

I have the following PC I built about 3 years ago.

E8400

4GB DDR2 RAM

512MB HD4870

Native resolution on my monitor is 1680x1050

The problem I have is that The Witcher 2 is not running all that great even on the lowest settings.

I was considering buying a 1GB HD6870 graphics card for a touch over $200.

My question is. Will my CPU be able to take advantage of this card? Or am I at a point with my PC where I'm better off just building a whole new i7 machine?

If I get the graphics card and get another year out of the computer I'll be happy as I tend to get a new one ever 3 - 4 years.

Thanks guys

New video card will be fine. As long as ur mobo has a pci-ex 16 slot they'll synch up properly. Most games use very little cpu these days, preferring to offload it to the videocard, esp if its nvidia and has cuda and phys-x

-D