SAU Community

Ignition Maps For High Boost On Rb20det's

GTRNUR

I'm doing the high end boost tune on my RB20DET tomorrow. The cars running a front mount intercooler, and 460cc injectors, Wolf ECU, and Garrett GT25 BB 400hp turbo. I'm aiming for 18lb for the first top end tune.

I expect i'll be runnign about 18-20 degrees advance at that boost level. I've currently got it soft at 15 degrees and there is no detonation and my AFR is 11.8:1 at full boost.

Does anyone have any ignition maps they might share with me to give me an idea of how far I can take the ignition?

Cheers,

Ian

I'm doing the high end boost tune on my RB20DET tomorrow. The cars running a front mount intercooler, and 460cc injectors, Wolf ECU, and Garrett GT25 BB 400hp turbo. I'm aiming for 18lb for the first top end tune.

I expect i'll be runnign about 18-20 degrees advance at that boost level. I've currently got it soft at 15 degrees and there is no detonation and my AFR is 11.8:1 at full boost.

Does anyone have any ignition maps they might share with me to give me an idea of how far I can take the ignition?

Cheers,

Ian Swinkels

What comp? What cams? What fuel? Have you dechamfered the head? What intake temps?

What comp? What cams? What fuel? Have you dechamfered the head? What intake temps?

Stock compression, stock cams, BP ultimate, stock head, 35-38 degree intake temps. I've also got an 040 pump and am running 38 psi rail pressure, but will probably increase this to 50 to get a little more flow accross the injectors.

Edited by GTST4Newbie

Buddy best way to tune it Is on the dyno

and bump the timing up till it starts Knocking

I wouldnt listen to some of the people around as they think they know what the limits are on every Engine

Just dont over rev it and watch

Oil pressures

Fuel Pressures

Water Temps

And

Take into Consideration

Fuels

intake Temps

People have said to me I am running to much timing Bla bla bla.I have done 290 dyno passes on a Rb25 and have driven it over the last month and a half everyday with 18 psi of boost making anything from 490 to 500 hp at the wheels.

Watch the factors above and go for your life

Hi Ian, was the maps from my car of any use to you?

Afraid not... your Wolf ecu was a plug in and used a custom program for using the factory triggering disc in the cam sensor that doesn't exist in the Wolf V4 plus ecu's. My ecu is a wire in model, and I used an RB25 dual pulse trigger disc.

I intially ran splitfire coils but had problems with them misfiring over 12lb, so i've switched to 3 haltech dual post coils and am running waste spark. I've got an MSD Dis 4 on the way to boost the spark energy and provide me with anti-lag and flat shift also.

I have yet to look at the ignition map from it though, thanks for the reminder!

Cheers,

Ian

I wouldnt listen to some of the people around as they think they know what the limits are on every Engine

Oil pressures

Fuel Pressures

Water Temps

And

Take into Consideration

Fuels

intake Temps

People have said to me I am running to much timing Bla bla bla.I have done 290 dyno passes on a Rb25 and have driven it over the last month and a half everyday with 18 psi of boost making anything from 490 to 500 hp at the wheels.

Thanks for the advice... I was going to do most of that anyway. The lack of a knock sensor system is my main problem.

I have to hook up my oil pressure gauge too. Any idea where I plumb that into an RB20 engine? I've tried a search on the forum but the search engine doesn't like me :P

Buy a Knock sensor Guage and Sensor and runing it like a boost Guage Champ

I am not to sure who sells them but they are available

Post up how it goes

Will do! Dyno day is this Sunday, and i'll be street tuning tomorrow night. I guess i'll just have to keep a soft tune till I get a knock sensor system.

Oil pressures

Fuel Pressures

Water Temps

And

Take into Consideration

Fuels

intake Temps

Took 290 dyno runs to tune you MAP based ECU hey???

And to answer you question around 17-18 total timing would have been my thoughts but like it has been said above probably best to listen to it on the dyno with a chassis ear.

Edited by rob82

Didnt take 290 runs

only took 5

the reason why ive done 290 passes is trying different fuels different tunes different boost controllers to see what works etc.I am in reasearch on what will work buddy Unlike you.

I think you should stick to typing rubbish on a keyboard.

Play nice guys..

Thanks for the info though. I figured it would be close on 17-18 degrees. I'll let you know how i go at the dyno day tomorrow.

Cheers,

Ian