SAU Community

Need Help Buying An R34!

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have been a part of r31skylineclub.com for a while now..

I have a nice loan under my belt to the tune of $20,000 and am looking at buying an R34 GTT. I know a fair bit about 31's, 32's and 33's but the 34 is fairly foreign to me. Could any of you tell me what I should look for in an R34 and where to go for a good deal (I'm in WA).

Tim.

your about 8-10k short to buy a manual 34 coupe or sedan in turbo .non turbo manual at 20k is available,turbo auto start @ 20k ..average condition...,

there is a nice auto sedan for sale in perth advertised on this forum with mods @23k IMO this is a good car and price

i have 6 r34`s atm 3 manual 3 auto ..nothing wrong with the auto`s BUT the manual`s are just brilliant..i have owned over 50 skylines in the last 10 years and the NEO manual r34 is easily the most refined/smooth engine gearbox combination +brilliant ratio`s and syncos of all the skylines by far .. in my opinion

but once again ..there is nothing wrong with the tiptronic

Unfortunately I only have 20k to play with. I've heard the R34's are great in manual but I'd love a tiptronic too, so really, I don't mind auto. A 4 door is fine too (except i hear getting side skirts is difficult).

Do you think I can get a 4 door auto turbo for 20,000? It needs to be in fairly good condition.

mate, don't mean to burst ur bubble...u might have 20k to purchase a skyline but at the end of the day, have you accounted for running costs and maintainence? Fuel, maintainence, insurance, rego??

I was like you opting for an s15 or a GTT... in the end I realised there is no f`ing way I could scrape up 30 grand (+insurance etc) for a car.

So instead I dropped down to R33 GTS-T II. For 16 grand you could find one in good nick. They go hard and look mint...

IM0001.jpg

mate, don't mean to burst ur bubble...u might have 20k to purchase a skyline but at the end of the day, have you accounted for running costs and maintainence? Fuel, maintainence, insurance, rego??

Eactly. Even a 16 K car like R33 II for me:

16,000 K car price

1000 insurance (im 25, for you its like 4000 grand or more)

500 (roughly) stamp duty

300 vehicle inspection cost

400 rego

Plus any stuff you need to fix after buying the car.

So in the end a car thats meant to be 16 K ends up costing AT LEAST 18,200+. Imagine an R34 thats 25 grand? :cool:

Homosexuals? An AUTO BF typhoon is currently the quickest 1/4 mile and 0-100 KM/H Aussie muscle car available! It beats manuals with more KW hands down... this not only goes for Falcons but for HSVs and even some Euros also! In a drag I rather an auto, with twisties then manual...

Putty, if you want an auto tip tronic then go for it...

As far as I know the Typhoons were only made in the 6 speed manual.... :cool:

Sir-D did you get your car from joel?? aussiecar compliance?

that backdrop and the condition of the car looked like he took that photo before it got complied.

if so sweet ride, i got mine from him a few months back, same price, same series 2 and yep its auto :cool:

Edited by R33TOM

Ok Ok, I HAVE thought about insurance and rego and shit, calm down.

I think at this point I will be going with an NA 4door Auto. Sorry but I'd rather that over a 33 regardless of how hard and fast they go.

I've always loved the dominant look of the 34.

As far as I know the Typhoons were only made in the 6 speed manual.... :cool:

BA? Maybe... but check out the latest Motor edition, it has a BF Phoon with a ZF German 6 speed auto... its beating HSVs and other FPVs with manual trannies.. in the twisties as well as straights! Infact the only car that bettered the phoon's winton lap time was a VZ Clubby DTS...

PS whoever said that Falcons were overweight... looking at HSV stats, they bloody weight about the same now lol

Sir-D did you get your car from joel?? aussiecar compliance?

that backdrop and the condition of the car looked like he took that photo before it got complied.

if so sweet ride, i got mine from him a few months back, same price, same series 2 and yep its auto :cool:

na dude but yes it is his car... :P I was gonna get it from him but another offer came up and Im just chasing it up now to make sure all is well...