SAU Community

Commonwhore In The Usa

Madaz

The exhaust sounds like a paddock basher at the start and the front bar looks just as bad lol

Seems to have some grunt at the end though. Definitely not stock!!

Edited by Busky2k

Seems to have some grunt at the end though. Definitely not stock!!

is that cuase the turbo taking the footage inst boosting it too keep up cause ive had a little squirt with 1 of these and it had a mod chip and a zaust and well he came of 2nd best by heaps

is that cuase the turbo taking the footage inst boosting it too keep up cause ive had a little squirt with 1 of these and it had a mod chip and a zaust and well he came of 2nd best by heaps

yeah monaros :D are hell slow!! altho 300kw gto might cook :D

all commodore fags say, "its been chipped" ... wankers :D

sorry by 1 of these i ment commodoor it wasnt the monaro it was a VX ss ... he also didnt want to tell hte the KW reading claiming he hadnt had it dyno'd

which me and my mechanic talked and said if u spent that much on chip and exhaust its definatly been on a dyno

yeah monaros :down: are hell slow!! altho 300kw gto might cook :devil:

all commodore fags say, "its been chipped" ... wankers :O

Has that stateman in your driveway pic been "Chipped" hahaha

Edited by NeesaanGTS

ummm...correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason that commodore owners say "it's been chipped" is in reference to the Delco ECU's used in all the 3.8L V6 motors, where tuning is done by replacing a memory chip (memcal).

Not to be picky, but "it's been chipped" is a pretty darn accurate decription...

then again thats before LS1Edit came out, and people started tuning gen3's, which don't use a memcal

Yeah, can't really agree there either. The LS1 is an absolute animal of an engine, but in a different way so are the RB engines.. so don't take that as the signal to start yet another brickwall debate about the two. Madaz you said it's torque isn't too bad, but actually its the other way around.. at release the ls1 was heavily criticised for it's lack of torque and the way its power grew with revs.. so imagine when you accentuate that effect with a cam!!!

As for the sound of the car, personally I think it is the shithouse low-frequency response of the video camera's microphone that makes the v8 sound not too great.. I bet if you heard that in real life, it would be easy to appreciate. Also, as for monaro's being slow, this particular one obviously has a decent cam which can be heard from it struggling to idle... LS1's get bloody huge power figures from just a cam and the usual supporting mods.

(Please RB lovers, don't perceive this as an attack on jap motors, but it's the truth... a half-decently built 5.7L better make some power!!!!)

when i said about torque im going by a car i know nothing about for all i know it had a cam for all i know it may have gone like a bat out of hell with a better cam

i did complement him on his choice of exhause it sounded very crispy and had that down rev burble :D