SAU Community

Insurance For An R34- How Much?

Approx how much would I be forking out each year to insure an R34 GTT.

I'm 17 (on my P's) and havn't had a crash/claim.

Also registration.. How much do you think it will cost to keep a turbo 34 on the road.

Edited by Putty

well im 23 no accident history, no lost of licence, R33 series II gtst with minor mods was $1700.

so your be looking at close to the $3- $4 mark. its expensive yes. but you gota remember it aint a barina

If you can't afford the insurance, you can't afford the car. IF you buy the car and don't insure it, don't come on here and whinge that ur car was stolen and u didn't have insurance.

Pray that your R34 dont get stolen cause u got no insurence ? Well you have to be praying damn hard to the big cheese. Arent alot of thieves targeting R34s in some states? Got quoted around 1.3k for a R34Gtt im 22 from Just Car. For u my friend I dont think anyone will touch it since ur 17 except Just Car prob be around 3 to 4k haha goodluck.

You will be looking at 2-3k for insurance...its about 2k full comp for my Cappuccino. (which is 660cc turbo) And im 18 been drivin since 2004 with no fines or accidents. Also have you considered getting a different car as a first having driving a R34 GT-T numerous times they are quick, and in inexperienced hands can be deadly. But then again its your dosh or your parents but its just my personal opinion. Also i believe registration is about $600-700.

Edited by The Porko

. Also have you considered getting a different car as a first having driving a R34 GT-T numerous times they are quick, and in inexperienced hands can be deadly.

Yeah I've seriously thought about it, although my current car is pretty quick... Maybe I shouldn't go turbo, but then again. Argh! Its all outta my money btw and of course i'll be getting insurance (I think my parents will chip in here and there too). I thought about getting AM rev limiters and all that shit, I kinda have a lead foot and I KNOW petrol will be a bitch!

true true, if i was driving a skyline back when i just got my licence when i was 17, i think i wouldnt have a licence by now,

so glad i drove a 88 corolla around for a few years, have goten into some sticky situations but because the car was so damn slow i could never really go that fast,

and believe me when your young and your driving around with a few mates, last thing on your mind is driving sensibly

true true, if i was driving a skyline back when i just got my licence when i was 17, i think i wouldnt have a licence by now,

so glad i drove a 88 corolla around for a few years, have goten into some sticky situations but because the car was so damn slow i could never really go that fast,

and believe me when your young and your driving around with a few mates, last thing on your mind is driving sensibly

I totally agree... and if i had a skyline at my age i know i wouldnt be here or have no licence, thats why i went for a slower rwd turbo being a cappuccino its got more then enough for what i use the car for. I just hope putty realises that young drivers shouldnt be steping up to something with heaps of power...youve got the crawl before you can walk.

I totally agree... and if i had a skyline at my age i know i wouldnt be here or have no licence, thats why i went for a slower rwd turbo being a cappuccino its got more then enough for what i use the car for. I just hope putty realises that young drivers shouldnt be steping up to something with heaps of power...youve got the crawl before you can walk.

Yeah.. well I'm 18 now, My B-day was on the 11th :P

Anywayz.. I don't really see how having a RWD turbo car can keep you outta trouble but an AWD turbo 34 will get you killed or lose your liscence or both :cool: I KNOW they are fast but unless you are really really stupid..you will adapt to the car before it has time to end your life.

My car now is f*cken quick btw.

Anywayz.. I don't really see how having a RWD turbo car can keep you outta trouble but an AWD turbo 34 will get you killed or lose your liscence or both :cool: I KNOW they are fast but unless you are really really stupid..you will adapt to the car before it has time to end your life.

Stupidity has little to do with people dying on the road, inexperience and lack of self control... now thats another story, although you could refer to that as stupidity also.

Happy birthday.

Well good luck with the purchase...it just my opinion thats all :D

And Happy Birthday go out there and get pissed.. (ofcourse if your not driving)