SAU Community

Tsukuba Lap Times On Gt4

GT_APEX

I believe it was a 45.990 i ran around Tsukuba with my R34 GT-R M-SpecII Nur with qualifying tyres.....don't know how well my setup is, but if felt good. My cousin done a 45.975 with the same model/tune, but his setup might have been slightly different - also on Qualifying tyres....Tsukuba is so much fun!

NOTE: No NOS, used wings.

Will get pictures up as soon as i find my copy of GT4!

Here's me happy with a sub 50 sec time in a 1/2 race car and you're doing mid 40's :P

Those are some crazy good times. I can't get any 4wd cars to handle well. prob just my technique

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's me happy with a sub 50 sec time in a 1/2 race car and you're doing mid 40's :bomb_ie:

Those are some crazy good times. I can't get any 4wd cars to handle well. prob just my technique

LOL....it didn't take me overnight to get that time! Done that lap time over the holidays when i was bored.....Was going flat out with Tsukuba trying to get the setup right. I believe there were a few little areas which would've helped me improve that time, but it's so damn hard - so i gave up....I'm happy with it :happy:

*correction - The time was 45.999 with R34 GT-R M-Spec Nur*

*correction - Time was done on RACING/SOFT tyres all over, not qualifying tyres*

*NO NOS*

Time Ranking:

tsulaptimesR34.JPG

I agree upon stock being boring....Fine tuning the car yourself to achieve the best time possible is far more rewarding than trying to get agood time with a stock car....More than just driving skills, but setup skills also.

I also recorded the replay:

R34 best lap time - Tsukuba (Right-Click -> Save-As)

Edited by R32_GODZILLA

I don't normally use stock cars either, but the stock GTR thing suggested here was a good bit of fun becasue it was something different, and was a level playing field for everyone. Instead of who's got the most power, who's got the softest tyres, who uses NOS or who fitted wings...

I prefer mildly tweaked cars (like you could possibly own/drive yourself) rather than just fully bombing every car and using the softest race tyres available. I tried the race tyres a couple of times and found it boring because the cars are much more 'glued to the track'. Sure you go faster, but its much easier to drive them and is less of a challenge - ie less fun.

With sports tyres you need to have the setup right and really drive the best lines to get the best out of the car too, but its not so easy to do with alot less grip. It means you need more finesse in your braking, turn-in, apexing, and power down than you do with super soft race tyres which make it much more arcade-racer-ish.

In this case with the stock GTR, you couldn't mess with the setup, so you had to adjust yourself to the car and alter your driving style to get the best out of it. You don't have heaps of grip from a set of super soft race tyres to make up for your hamfistedness - you have to coax the car around the race track and try to keep it tidy - controlled aggression.

personally, i think that's much more challenging than simply adjusting the setup until the car is as easy as possible to drive around...

i have a question. out of interest who is using a standard controller and who is using a wheel/pedals? those with wheel, which type is it and how have you mounted it?

this is more like it. NOS, racing tyres, and wings take all the fun out of driving the cars.

I had a go at it this stock R34 GTR (base model) on sports soft tyres challenge this afternoon... 1:00.298 but I have done a heap of laps of this track and I've only ever used sports tyres on any of my cars - except for a brief fascination with the LasVegas drag strip and american muscle cars....

Damn thats some lap! i had another go after seeing ur time and turnd off traction control and ASM, managed a 1:00.777. If i had a full tidy lapy maybe a 1:00.400 or so. But still no where near ur time :( How did u do it!

personally, i think that's much more challenging than simply adjusting the setup until the car is as easy as possible to drive around...

Totally agree on everything you've said there. But that is the beuty of the game! Sure, stock challenge is super fun, and i will defintely get stuck into this too; but it is in the nature of the game to modify your vehicle. From the beggining with GT4, i was into the whole stock thing, mild tuning with the sports tyres - but having the ability to change the whole dynamics of the car, and to be in that 'ALL OUT' class might not be as or more challenging than with sports tyres to drive, but then again, it is not THAT easy to drive to get the best possible time out of it.

The purpose of adjusting the setup for myself, was to achieve a fast lap time without having the trouble of oversteering when braking hard, understeering on corner entry/exit or having too much drag on the short straigt on Tsukuba and to compare how much time difference there is between setups. ie. having the perfect balanced car - but then again, it is not so easy to drive to try and better your time over and over again. It takes a long time to adjust!

But this is the beuty....so many categories you can split this game up into, and they're all great!

Keep this up i rekon! This can be entertaining for a lot more hours to come.........

Oh, BTW - I use a standard controller to answer the question on a previous post.

The purpose of adjusting the setup for myself, was to achieve a fast lap time without having the trouble of oversteering when braking hard, understeering on corner entry/exit or having too much drag on the short straigt on Tsukuba and to compare how much time difference there is between setups. ie. having the perfect balanced car - but then again, it is not so easy to drive to try and better your time over and over again. It takes a long time to adjust!

true, whenever you're trying to beat your own lap times its a challenge, no matter what the car is.

Damn thats some lap! i had another go after seeing ur time and turnd off traction control and ASM, managed a 1:00.777. If i had a full tidy lapy maybe a 1:00.400 or so. But still no where near ur time How did u do it!

OK, here's the secret - blue R34's are faster! :D nah, i've done LOTS of laps there. after watching a JDM Option DVD, we started our own tsukuba super lap challenges there almost every week with a couple of blokes. it took me quite a few consecutive laps to get that time (about 15 or 16 laps in a row), and i don't think there's much more I can get out of it.

i always turn all the assistance off on every car. and i use the standard dualshock controller too.

Edited by hrd-hr30

Hmm.. i'll have to start busting out some laps..

in the xanavi gtr I get about 46secs.. might have to see what I can do in a R34 Nur..

i'll update later..

so sports tyres are the go?

Wouldn't mind a steering wheel - you got one beer? personally using the controller..

Edited by Links

yeah got steering wheel. i used to think it was gay, but didnt have it mounted very well. i think with the wheel the way you mount it is the most important bit, now that i've practiced using it for a while i love it. currently using it on V8 supercar race driver 2. it's sweet as it has EC, OP GP, PI, bathurst etc all the good aussie tracks.

• 3 weeks later...
so is anyone quick using a wheel? and if you use wheel and controller which do you find gives better times?

i bought the GT4 wheel when GT4 came out in jap (got my copy of jap gt4 ordered when it was released :rofl:)

at first i was ALOT better at the controller cos of GT3, but then i got used to the wheel and i reckon im better at it now. controller is easier tho still. i reckon i could switch to controller and start getting close to the same times as i do with wheel very quickly.

using the GT4 wheel is a shit loads more fun tho.

Hi Guys,

Vehicle: R34 GTR (not v-spec, just the basic GTR)

Weight: 1540kgs

Power: 244kw

Tyres: Sports Soft

Transmission: Auto

Details: Vehicle was straight from Nissan in Arcade Mode (I ran the Time Trial in Arcade Mode)

Time: 1'02:677

I know I can do better, but that was just a first attempt!

Cheers,

Karen :laugh:

i only just set up GT4 again. trying some different cars to get the hang of it. Saw ur time which seemed pretty decent for a stock gtr.

Tyres: Sports Soft (S3)

Transmission: Manual

Controller Type: GT4 Steering Wheel

Details: Vehicle was straight from Nissan in Arcade Mode (I ran the Time Trial in Arcade Mode)

Time: 1'01:813

alot of you guys have put ur times up but havent mentioned anything about tyres. the different types of slicks make a world of a difference so tyre's used should be mentioned.

i only just set up GT4 again. trying some different cars to get the hang of it. Saw ur time which seemed pretty decent for a stock gtr.

alot of you guys have put ur times up but havent mentioned anything about tyres. the different types of slicks make a world of a difference so tyre's used should be mentioned.

stock r34 challenge so far top 4 times to beat :P

1. 1.00.298

2. 1.00.777

3. 1.01.813

4. 1.02.677

Keep em comin! ;)

u should display the times as above... like SMR33 did.

e.g.,

are they all using S3 tyres?

almost 1min flat is a good time.. gonna be a good challenge :woot: