SAU Community

A Couple Of General Questions

thirty four

First off i am just wondering where you guys get your skylines serviced. I have owned mine for close to 3mths now and have just passed 5,000km since a owned it (41,000km in total) and want to get a comprehensive service done. Apart from the front brakes squeeking a little bit everything seems to be running smoothly but just want peace of mind.

Also after a good panel beater. Had a small accident a couple of weeks ago in a car park. I have attached a couple of images of the damage (sorry for the poor quality of the photos.) As well as that just having a few stone chips here and there that i would like to get fixed up. Obviously dont want to pay through the roof but willing to fork out the extra cash for a good job done. Any help and/or price estimates for both would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

post-24902-1142310411.jpg

post-24902-1142310424.jpg

Shaun @ Boostworx is my choice of repairer for mechanical work, Also Graham West on Marion Rd is good.

As fot the slight mishap, don't really know any pannel beaters apart from Sambo, BUT as for scratches and chips i do recomend Chips Away! They did my BMW a couple of years back and was fantastic!

Depends where you live, obviously. Doyles is one of the best, but you pay for it. Prestige at Pooraka is ok quality/cheap price. MattR swears by O'Learys at St. Agnes.

By the looks you are looking at a full front bar respray, which should be around $300 for the bog and spray. Bonnet chips generally are whole paint jobs, as touch-ups never work out 100%. Usually you are looking around $500 for a bonnet respray. These prices are in my experience by the way.

Go to Sitters (?) on Franklin Street right next door to old Balfours complex / opposite the Marksman range. They quoted me $400 to fix a big crack in my rear bar and repaint........ paint is a two-colour silky white pearl as well. havent bothered fixing it up at this stage. They did a repair to my dads Patrol & it is a 100% perfect job........

JAZMAC at mount barker 83916200 have a chat to steve. He is fantastic, i get my 34 serviced their and before that got my 180sx done there. He has a wealth of knowledge and has built and turned out some top quality drift, race and street cars.

ive always used ergal crash repairs near holden hill...they fixed my other cars n always did good job...

as 4 general service, i use Brentons Mechanical Workshop on main north rd opposide kfc, allways lokoed after me, and they know what they r doing cos they been around 4 a long time.

As far as garages go I take my GTR to Manta Racing of London rd by the gocarts. Steve want have a lend of you or your money and nows his stuff . He can also arrange to get it to Peter hall if needed.

As far as paint goes , my car is as we speak at Mr Paint and panel just two doors up from boostin oz. He is also painting gazzanats {Gary Myers} pick up at the moment {drift burnout man from drift nationals2} You could also try boostin aus as a mechanic {the guy's on here recomend them}

Of course this would help if you live on the north side of town

hoped this will help

michael :turned: