SAU Community

What To Do In Tokyo ?

leech_

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doraemon88 thanks heaps thats an awesome amount of information i will enquire at our travel agent about getting to and from the airport in a less costly mannor

Catch the bus to TCAT (Tokyo City Air Terminal) (very reasonable price trip) and then you are on the central train network in the middle of town! Do the reverse coming home, as you can clear customs and get your boarding pass there instead of at the big queues at the airport!

It's one of those little secrets regular travelers know.. :-) (I've been there heaps..).

(hope you got this in time)

Ian

Ian unfortunaty only just got it now :] well i am at the Tokyo international airport on one of the yahoo free internet cafes.

Disclaimer: Spelling of places visited and in general will probably be very average so i appologise in advance

Had a great time in Tokyo went to i think it was the shinju shrine ??? i have pics so when i get back to aus i will upload some, then went to akibara which is very much seems to the electronic part of Tokyo, then to shibuya which i thought was the clothes place but it seemed just more of a general place with a bit of everything. (mates got some henti mags lol) we also went to a baseball game Giants vs Hawks which was awesome i would actually say this was one of the highlights of the trip the Tokyo dome is an awesome building plus outside is beautiful at night time has this massive roller coaster that goes over the tops of the buildings around it plus Ferris wheel and alot of richie rich cafe's. Yesterday we went to the Sumo wrestling @ Rygoku which was very unique and cool got some cool photo's and video. To finish the trip off we went to Shinjuku. We walked around for a while massive buildings here best part was some we couldn't see the tops of as the cloud was very low. Then went to an awesome traditional Japanese restraunt which we sat in like a little private room and had to take our shoes off etc was a great experience. Hopefully no greenies read this but they had sashimi whale so we gave that a burl i must say i don't know why the Japanese love it so much it's ok but nothing special. We then went for a walk around and some how managed to find the American pimp street lol well thats what we call it as we walked down this one road that was maybe 150m in total and every 20 meters a new american came up to us and offered us package deals with lady's lol we just kept walking but it was just funny as cause when we got rid of one another one would come along i think in total we had 7 guys come up to us lol...

anyways sorry about the spelling and general grammar but this keyboard is weird & i have no spell checker

Ian unfortunaty only just got it now :] well i am at the Tokyo international airport on one of the yahoo free internet cafes.

Disclaimer: Spelling of places visited and in general will probably be very average so i appologise in advance

Had a great time in Tokyo went to i think it was the shinju shrine ??? i have pics so when i get back to aus i will upload some, then went to akibara which is very much seems to the electronic part of Tokyo, then to shibuya which i thought was the clothes place but it seemed just more of a general place with a bit of everything. (mates got some henti mags lol) we also went to a baseball game Giants vs Hawks which was awesome i would actually say this was one of the highlights of the trip the Tokyo dome is an awesome building plus outside is beautiful at night time has this massive roller coaster that goes over the tops of the buildings around it plus Ferris wheel and alot of richie rich cafe's. Yesterday we went to the Sumo wrestling @ Rygoku which was very unique and cool got some cool photo's and video. To finish the trip off we went to Shinjuku. We walked around for a while massive buildings here best part was some we couldn't see the tops of as the cloud was very low. Then went to an awesome traditional Japanese restraunt which we sat in like a little private room and had to take our shoes off etc was a great experience. Hopefully no greenies read this but they had sashimi whale so we gave that a burl i must say i don't know why the Japanese love it so much it's ok but nothing special. We then went for a walk around and some how managed to find the American pimp street lol well thats what we call it as we walked down this one road that was maybe 150m in total and every 20 meters a new american came up to us and offered us package deals with lady's lol we just kept walking but it was just funny as cause when we got rid of one another one would come along i think in total we had 7 guys come up to us lol...

anyways sorry about the spelling and general grammar but this keyboard is weird & i have no spell checker

good to see someone else not afraid to try the most delicious mammal in the sea... next time try whale karage its tastier than the sashimi.

yea we tried a bit of everything over there :P the other point that i should have made is OMG how clean is the place it makes no sense other than alot of respect and obediance i guess as we struggled to find bins anywhere. Also vending machines everywhere lol you cant go 100m in the city with out finding one hehe

Anyways good to see some people keeping an eye on this thread :ermm:

Sounds like you had fun. I cant remember if you said you were planning on leaving europe early to revisit tokyo, but i would advise against that, no matter how much fun you had...

Reason is: you can get to Tokyo for $1000 return (or thereabouts), and its not much hassle to do a 1 week journey next year or whatever. Planning a europe trip is much more expensive and bigger hassle. Make the most of your available leave-time to enjoy europe. Do Japan again next year...