SAU Community

Bp Ultimate Vs. Vortex Fuels

What are the pros and cons of using BP ultimate versus Wollies Vortex.

Are they both 9c more than regular fuel.

What are peoples thougths on these fuels?

Which one would be better for Nissan RB engines?

Ryan

well for some reason my car idles like crap when running vortex, when i put optimax in it runs fine, never try ultimate though, ultimate is suppose to cost a bit more than vortex and optimax

i use optimax now only because BP's prices are very high atm down near me ive wanted to try vortex but everywhere i go they only have the 95 :mad:

but optimax seems to be pretty good i reckon its as good as BP

Guest Mashrock

i liked the caltex shit in my gtr.. but mostly put in bp as there usually have pumps free caus cheep c**ts are trying to save their 4c

which is what 124 bucks a year on a 60l tank a week..

but so many times accidently put in the 95.. tho this was when i had the gti-r

This has actually be covered before... The story is that BP Ultimate achieves its 98 Octane rating by refinement etc..

Other '98 Octane' fuels actually use additives to get a 98 Octane rating. This also means anything other than BP Ultimate will go off very fast because of all the additives, whereas Ultimate will last a lot longer.

For those of you that didn't know this, something to consider. I myself would NEVER put any other 98 in other than Ultimate unless I was like stranded and running on empty.

Well guys where I'm living Vortex is Caltex's Premium os it's only 96 octane and I have had dirty fuel twice from Optimax and therefore i'm running Ultimate never had any issues with it car runs perfect.

Well thats my 2 cents anyway

Many people believe that both fuels are manufactred from the same place. I dont believe this myself but both will prob contain same chemicals, addictives.

Is it worth say buying prem unleaded and puttin in a bottle of octane booster. i have heard of a few people doin this.

BP fuel is so expensive compared to the others. Is there a bp discount card or somethin.

bp more expensive??? up here it's the same price as optimax and because vortex is only a pulp it's a bit more expensvie than that but hey for the smoother ride and higher octane levels what is 5c/L gonna do to someone

Many people believe that both fuels are manufactred from the same place. I dont believe this myself but both will prob contain same chemicals, addictives.

My dad works for the BP refinery and yes he does say the fuel is manufactured in the same place.. maybe shell add those additives to if after or something i dont know. i still choose to use ultimate over optimax, maybe its just in my head lol.

The income in Canada... or were i live is about $64,000/ year. that is the yearly average for British Columbia.

Our minimum wage in Canada is $8.50/ hour..

But the gas that is $3+/L is our race fuel 103 the 110 is $5+/L.

I belive that the gas prices for our 94 Octane is sitting at $1.20/L right now. That is called "Super Premium" and we can only get it at 1 Gas Station. Cheveron.

I think that our dollar is Slighty stronger then the AUD. $1 Canadian is worth $1.20 AUD

Dee 33,

With all respect we know theres more to a fuel than the power figures it puts out..

And yes, BP handle all the fuels. But Ultimate is made to their own, I believe they won't sell it to any other companies, hence why everyone else uses additives to regular premium.

As Johhny said, Ultimate is Ultimate. :D