SAU Community

Bp Ultimate Vs. Vortex Fuels

i used vortex and the car ran like shyt, optimax is good but ive had some bad batches i mainly use ultimate and never had any drama's and if i cant get ultimate i fill up with mobile synergy 8000 (lucky its just down the road) but not many places in the illawarra have it, and ive found that 8000 is pretty sweet too

ben...

Ultimate is 98, vortex is 96, optimax is 96. So ultimate is going to better for minimising pinking ect. Here in Japan its better again. The difference of putting standard vs premium in my motorbike here is crazy!

I usually use Ultimate but when I can't make it to the BP I use Vortex from Caltex. At 16psi, 240rwkw on a good tune I notice absolutely no difference whatsoever between the fuels.

well with mine there was a sh1t load of difference on the dyno-BP Ultimate always gave a better power figure and even better power curve than Vortex. Couldnt even get to 22 psi on Vortex due to knock concerns. Ther is no comparison and I ONLY use Ultimate

Edited by overev1

• 2 weeks later...
well with mine there was a sh1t load of difference on the dyno-BP Ultimate always gave a better power figure and even better power curve than Vortex. Couldnt even get to 22 psi on Vortex due to knock concerns. Ther is no comparison and I ONLY use Ultimate

Go to this page on the BP web site;

http://www.bp.com.au/refineries/refineries.asp?menuid=d

Read this paragraph;

A particular feature of the Australian oil industry is the practice of refinery exchange, in which refining companies exchange products in various locations to minimise distribution costs. For example, BP supplies other companies in Perth and Brisbane and in return is supplied with product in Melbourne, Sydney and Tasmania.

Now tell me again why you think BP is better when it is made in the same refineries as all of the others?

:( cheers :(

meh Ultimate is all i've used since i've got the car, hada use shell once or twice when BP had that shortage or wateva... car didnt seem to like it, but yeah. ultimate is where its at.
A particular feature of the Australian oil industry is the practice of refinery exchange, in which refining companies exchange products in various locations to minimise distribution costs. For example, BP supplies other companies in Perth and Brisbane and in return is supplied with product in Melbourne, Sydney and Tasmania.

You live in Victoria

There is no BP refinery in Victoria

The fuel you buy at BP service stations in Victoria is not made by BP

It is either made by Mobil at Altona or Shell at Geelong

:O cheers :(

Edited by Sydneykid

SK is on the money (As usual) If you live in QLD all your fuel comes from Caltex (My mate works there and is involved with mixing) the only difference is the different additives used by the different companies

That being said I seem to get bad running and poor ecconomy on shell but I am fine on the others

at last u guys have a choice f fuels here in west aus the only 98 we can get is bpultimate shell and caltex only do 91 @ 95 ron fuels here fyi vortex is actually rated @ 95 ron not 96 as they would like everyone to believe

My car was last tuned on Ultimate, so Ultimate it is. Aslo beieve in picking the busy BP's as they would have to stock up with fresher fuel, therefore my car always as fresher fuel! Over here in Adel the cops use Mobil........so i definatly steer clear of Mobil Stations!