SAU Community

Just Car Insurance

Flash89

I'v been with just car since i got my license. First car was a 93 180sx turbo, and the cheapest quote i got was around $2800, went with just third party plus fire and theft, which was around $700. Now two years later its down to about $400 for my gts4 with an rb26. Couldn't justify paying that much in insurance when i only paid just over double that for the 180.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only pay fully comp because of the theft chances :happy:

I don't drive irratically, sure I might get speeding fines (none in the GTR yet, touch wood) but third party F&T is a waste of money because they only cover your car upto $5000 which is pitence on a ~$25,000 unique car.

Which means, by the time I have paid my car off, it will have cost me approx. $52,000 including interest on the loan and insurance.

the thing though is shannons and hbf and 90% of places wont give you insurance for a turbo import under the age of 20 or most cases 25. so for us younging who are 17 18 19 we get screwed over most ofthe time.

but im happy with 1785 a year for now. im 20 in nov so maybe then it will drop.

all i know is dont go to sgio so so expensive!

if your 21 and over, PM me as I work for Shannons and may be able to help you out with a competitive qte and premium coverage, especially if you have a modified import.

Applicants with recent Loss of License, need not apply.....

the thing though is shannons and hbf and 90% of places wont give you insurance for a turbo import under the age of 20 or most cases 25. so for us younging who are 17 18 19 we get screwed over most ofthe time.

but im happy with 1785 a year for now. im 20 in nov so maybe then it will drop.

all i know is dont go to sgio so so expensive!

Unfortunately Just Cars is probably your only option, but atleast you have some kind of coverage :P

Unfortunately Just Cars is probably your only option, but atleast you have some kind of coverage :P

could also try torque insurance cheaper than just cars for same coverage

do they cover people under 21 with import and turbo but clean driving hist?

that was my biggest thing my age car and import.

same when i got my loan. the first one took 7 working days to say no but if you want to buy a holden yeah we will give you as much money as ya want...

I'm with HBF got my modded 1995 R33 insured for $17,000.00

$200.00 excess all up $638.00 full comp

I'm 30

only thing is they wont cover my car if i have power fc or boost controler

but will cover after market turbs,my coilies,FMIC and piping,zorst,rims,body kit,everything but the one thing you goto do

got my stagea also with them for $17,000.00

$200.00 excess (thats max nominated on both) $640.00 full comp, my wife also on that policy

im 19, r32gts-t modded. Guild Insurance $750 excess $600. insurance is under my name but dad is put down as main driver. i pm'd u with more details....

but if (not that i want it to happen) you crash doesnt it go against your dads name to?

i was lead to believe that if you put them down as first driver they still get stung for it...

not to mention not everyone can have their parents down like that because too many insurance policies already...

having your dad as the main driver is great to get a cheap premium, but if the insurance company investigates and finds you are the main driver, they can decline the claim making paying all those premiums a complete waste of money....

having your dad as the main driver is great to get a cheap premium, but if the insurance company investigates and finds you are the main driver, they can decline the claim making paying all those premiums a complete waste of money....

thats true, how they going to monitor me or investigate. watch me for a week. i dont know, but yeh dad gets penalised aswell. but all mods are listed and cars insured for 20K so im happy :D

I'm with Just car's using 3rd Party Fire and Theft. Way I see it is that if I'm not a dickhead and behave myself on the road I don't really need full comprehensive. I'm also covered for $5000 if my car is thieved or burnt to the ground.

I pay $400 a year

Btw I'm 20 years old. And yes if you look on the policy for excess for female drivers they are less. My 17yo sister on P plates pays a lower excess than me if she is listed on the policy.

are there any insurance agencys that will let u use aftermarket computers or piggybacks as well as the normal mods with reasonable prices?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 19, and Just Car quoted me $1516 with $1800 excess for a R33 GTS (non-turbo) with an agreed value of $12,500. Although, the postcode i live in probably contributed.

Have you tried Famous? They're based in subiaco.

RoD

Edited by RoD