SAU Community

New To Skylines

Hey guys,

I am relatively dull when it comes to Skylines. I have picked up on a few things, and i have basic car knowledge, but i am considering buying a skyline soon, and seem set on a R33. Granted i wont have the money for a R34 (though i prefer its looks and i understand they are faster/go harder)

Okay, a few questions

1 - I see lots of Skylines around, so if i need spare parts are they easy to pick up at wreckers?

2 - What insurance company could you recommened? I might be going with "Young and Cool" granted i'm only 20

The other thing is, i am looking to go through "Aussie Car Compliance". Now i can't seem to figure out where these guys are based. They seem to have locations around Aus? Are they a good company?

Finally, what should i look/look out for in a second hand skyline? I am not too sure on turbo's and the like, and i have been warned about the turbo's on some older skylines (round 95's or 96's) can be a bit old/dodgy.

I am aware i could get some people to inspect it before buying, but should i worry if going through aussie car compliance? They seem to deal alot in skylines, ie. they know their shit.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

There's a tutorial on what to do/look for etc when buying a skyline, but the god dam search button is playing up on me.. Doesn't even work half the time. I think in your case it's best to take someone who knows a bit about cars, even better specifically skylines. I'm with just car insurance and they are pretty great. Had an accident a while ago and they rang me everyday and helped me out, told me what was going on etc, I have my car back now with a few new goodies on it too :D

I'm with just car insurance and they are pretty great. Had an accident a while ago and they rang me everyday and helped me out, told me what was going on etc, I have my car back now with a few new goodies on it too :D

Just car insurance. okay i'll check em out.

Any word on where Aussie car compliance is located primarily?

hey i would reconmend Just Car they seem to b good for me and not to expensive my r32 gtst for full comp is only $1800 and my mates r33 gtst is only $2300 and we are both 18 so yeh there ya go...

shane

try Just Jap for all your spare. Also e-bay is getting better for spares too!

Just Car Insurance - expensive pre

Just Car all the way - Expensive premiums, but if you don’t intend to crash than it’s well worth it, especially with the unlimited mods, just be sure to limit your stereo & wheels to $1000 for the policy & for if you want to save $$$. Of course don't loose your licence, you would be surprised with how many insurance companies restrict you because of this, previous loss of licence - I kow all to well! Drive within the legal limits on the street! If you want to go faster take it to the track for some REAL competition!