SAU Community

4k To Spend

so i got around 4k for my birthday and i really dont know what to do with my car.

im gonna spend around 1k for a full exhaust system but the problem is i wat a FMIC.

i was checkin out N1 in melbourne and the HKS coolers and they are around 2.3k. is that seriously worth it or should i get one of these. for around 600 (my mate says they good value)

http://www.justjap.com/parts_nintercoolers.htm

ill spend the extra money if its worth it....but not if its only gonna gain so little and i gotta pay like +1k

Edited by anjoO

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly it's a FMIC.

Secondly 4 grand should definately be able to get you a Blitz FMIC kit (bout $1600) and a decent brand name turbo-back exhaust. Plus your head unit.

Edited by NathR32

lol....i aint gonna be like 2f2f or anything.....but i just want good quality

kinda changed my mind a lttlel tell me what u think

Get an exhaust first.

Look in the traders section for posts by "BATMBL"

But a Split front/dump pipe, and a highflow cat.

Then get a catback system made up from your exhaust shop, and get it all fitted.

sorry bout the typo dunno wat i was thinkin. newai yeh i herd blitz has made a name for itself but do u think 2.3k for a exhaust is pushing it?

yeah i think its too much. As dark said, make sure you get a decent 3" exhaust with hi flow cat. No need to go overboard with HKS or whatever

Also I have a Hybrid cooler kit and have had no problems whatsoever.

Edited by NathR32

Im just about to buy some parts for my r33, so ive been looking into what to get.

I would go a twin dump/front pipe all in one (from a guy on this forum) also a high flow cat. Not sure on the rest of it probably just a 3inch.

Get a hybrid or a justjap intercooler kit.

Theres a guy on ebay selling a good boost controller for $35

That would cost around 2k

with the rest you could go for a power fc and get it tuned then you should have 500bucks to spend on a deck. Goto http://www.auaudio.com for some good deals.

i was gonna spend 3.5k on a sound system but i wanted to get rid of my stock exhaust (its so quiet lol) and i thought about a cooler aswell. far out i think im having a mid life crisis HAHAH

Im just about to buy some parts for my r33, so ive been looking into what to get.

I would go a twin dump/front pipe all in one (from a guy on this forum) also a high flow cat. Not sure on the rest of it probably just a 3inch.

Get a hybrid or a justjap intercooler kit.

Theres a guy on ebay selling a good boost controller for $35

That would cost around 2k

with the rest you could go for a power fc and get it tuned then you should have 500bucks to spend on a deck. Goto http://www.auaudio.com for some good deals.

hRmmms....see all this is good i can spend 2k on all that. but my questions is, is it worth the money spending around 2.5 - 3.5 k on exhaust and cooler. will i gain alot from that big of a upgrade? or only so lil

u will get more power from

this 2k combo then 3K+ jap brand catback+fmic

"split dump/front pipe & high flow cat from BATMBL

then a 3inch catback (local made/xForce)

hybrid FMIC kit

ebay boost controller for $35"

Can I make the suggestion of... Safty first!

hahahah tru that....now that u brought it up. i wanan get an electronic boost controller coz its easier and safer, what do u recomend thats cheap, but good quality. also whats a good rev limit? is it okai hittin 7?

Edited by anjoO

I meant good tyres, good suspension, good brakes, make sure all bushes etc on the car are in good nick.

Really $4k can go far, or not really anywhere. In terms of performace I would have spent $1k max on the engine, and got the most out of it. Just doing the right mods getting good gear, and paying the right price for it. But then suspension, brakes, gearbox, everything else is up to scratch.

Just my oppinion anyway. Even split it up a bit.

just a quick stupid question....what is this "pfc or power fc" i keep hearing about?

A Power FC is a after market computer, which would replace your stock one.

Edited by drewr33