SAU Community

Interesting Ebay Performance Part..

hey guys!

Just came across this on ebay and for $35 it's got me interested ITEM just wondering if anyone has any experience with these? good or bad?

apparently this is how it works "It will modify any standard ECU by telling the ECU that the incoming air in the intake system is cold and so advances the ignition to compensate producing more power. In many cases fuel economy is increased too. Power is increased by up to 15BHP and torque is increased significantly. "

On an R33 they claim: "Nissan Skyline R33 GTS + 15BHP"

so what are our thoughts lads?

hey guys!

Just came across this on ebay and for $35 it's got me interested ITEM just wondering if anyone has any experience with these? good or bad?

apparently this is how it works "It will modify any standard ECU by telling the ECU that the incoming air in the intake system is cold and so advances the ignition to compensate producing more power. In many cases fuel economy is increased too. Power is increased by up to 15BHP and torque is increased significantly. "

On an R33 they claim: "Nissan Skyline R33 GTS + 15BHP"

so what are our thoughts lads?

Old news :P

R33GTST's don't have inlet air temp sensors. :sorcerer:

So how does it go about "telling the ECU that the incoming air in the intake system is cold" ? :P

:D cheers :D

I would not trust anything that adjusts afm reading or computer reading of intake air flow. Unless of course it was a fully programable computer.

dont stuff around wasting money on cheap go fast ideas, save up and make your baby fly!

Who said you couldn't get decent and safe power upgrades for $35.... that $35 boost controller from SAU was one of the first things I bought, up until I sold it not a beat was missing!!!

:P :P :D :D BOOOST :( :( :( :(

I think that was the only exception, every other power mod has been in the hundreds of dollars :(

the safc is an airflow meter signal bender, it alters the airflow meter signal. this device is correctly setup to do this and does this in real time. the ebay mentioned hack is merely a resistor that always offsets the signal (air temp signal - which 32/33 gtst do not have) regardless of outcome. the safc is a piggyback afm signal bender

Air flow meters (AFM) measure the air entering your engine is mass, same as a Mass airflow meter (MAF).

IF this Device does what it says i can't see it being anything but bad for the running of your car;

you assume colder air is more dense than hot air so at the same throttle opening you get 'More" air than at hotter temperatures, So if your ECU did adjust fuel to suit the extra air would actually not be there at all, So all you would have is really rich running all the time which is bad.

Some dickhead will buy it though!

Everyone drop him a message telling him the rb20/25's don't have inlet temp sensors. Possibly point him in the direction of this thread.

I did a while back, it may have been this bloke, the web page sure looks the same. He wrote back telling me he has a work shop and I don't know what I'm talking about and that the rb20/25's do indeed have an inlet air temp sensor.. lol

Old news ;)

R33GTST's don't have inlet air temp sensors. :sorcerer:

So how does it go about "telling the ECU that the incoming air in the intake system is cold" ? :yes:

:banana: cheers :banana:

Its the new polarizer, all they need is a pic of Brockie giving the thumbs up..

Nearly ended his career last time, maybe it'll finish him off this time..

ahh memories