SAU Community

Interesting Ebay Performance Part..

"...telling the ECU that the incoming air in the intake system is cold and so advances the ignition to compensate producing more power"

What the hell? That first bit about temperature aside (which has been discussed), couldn't you do the same dangerous thing just by rotating your crank angle sensor a few degrees? That would cost all of $0! I wonder what the hell it actually is that is costing you the $35.

The only legitimate cheap/free performance enhancing mod I know about is with late model Suzuki sports bikes (mine included), and it's nothing to do with the inlet temperature. All it does is trick the bike into thinking it's always in 5th gear, to give it an extra 2 degrees timing. Suzuki decided to de-tune the lower 4 gears to make it a bit safer to ride (less wheely-ing tendencies) and a simple resistor in the right place can change it and turn the bike back into a tank-slapping bitch. Of course, you could just advance the ignition 2 degrees manually with the CAS, but then 5th and 6th would be 2 degrees too advanced and it'd probably ping.

Edit: I'm not suggesting anyone advance their timing without a proper tune! Just saying this in case you didn't notice I said "dangerous" up there.

Edited by JimX