SAU Community

Rear Window And Manual Gearbox

stock32

Hey everyone, hopefully someone will be able to help me out or at least steer me in the right direction.

I have a 1989 R32 GTS-T automatic RB20DET and i am in desperate need of a rear window, window was smashed in Sep 05' and still haven't managed to find a replacement. Genuine replacement windscreen from japan will cost approx $1,300 (thats a full on last resort)

Just to settle a bit of a score with the wreckers, will a rear window from any R32 2 door fit onto my car? As i told the bloke that it was a 1989 R32 GTS-T 2 door and he assured me that he cut the windscreen out of a rear cut R32 with his own hands, so either he didn't cut it out himself or he dosen't know what an R32 GTS-T looks like. . . or i am wrong and there is different windscreens for different R32's

When the windscreen eventually got here it wasn't even close to fitting, im talking 2-3 inches short (top to bottom) and approx 1 inch too long (side to side), possibly off an R33.

If anyone has a spare or knows where i can find a 2nd hand one for around $400 please get in contact with me as it's been too long and cops are threatening to defect me. Plus my parcel shelf is totally screwed due to rain and the elements.

Also after a 5spd gearbox, RB25 box would be good but i hear there pretty rare as there quite good, so an RB20 gearbox will be fine. If anyone knows a good place to purchase one or has one they are looking to sell please post a reply or get in contact with me.

Thanks for you time

Sam Healy

post-23238-1142934277.jpg

Hey everyone, hopefully someone will be able to help me out or at least steer me in the right direction.

I have a 1989 R32 GTS-T automatic RB20DET and i am in desperate need of a rear window, window was smashed in Sep 05' and still haven't managed to find a replacement. Genuine replacement windscreen from japan will cost approx $1,300 (thats a full on last resort)

Just to settle a bit of a score with the wreckers, will a rear window from any R32 2 door fit onto my car? As i told the bloke that it was a 1989 R32 GTS-T 2 door and he assured me that he cut the windscreen out of a rear cut R32 with his own hands, so either he didn't cut it out himself or he dosen't know what an R32 GTS-T looks like. . . or i am wrong and there is different windscreens for different R32's

When the windscreen eventually got here it wasn't even close to fitting, im talking 2-3 inches short (top to bottom) and approx 1 inch too long (side to side), possibly off an R33.

If anyone has a spare or knows where i can find a 2nd hand one for around $400 please get in contact with me as it's been too long and cops are threatening to defect me. Plus my parcel shelf is totally screwed due to rain and the elements.

Also after a 5spd gearbox, RB25 box would be good but i hear there pretty rare as there quite good, so an RB20 gearbox will be fine. If anyone knows a good place to purchase one or has one they are looking to sell please post a reply or get in contact with me.

Thanks for you time

dude have 1 i syd at my house but interstate is such a pain do u have relos in syd??

Sam Healy