SAU Community

Help! Brisbane Import Yards

AzzurrA

Need to know a list of import yards in Brisbane within the next 30 minutes.

going car shopping....

i know of:

Brisbane Streetmachines

AutoShop

Also know of MJP? At southport... though its a bit far for me to go today...

anyone know of any others?

going car shopping for my little brother

Tuff Toys 18 Love Street Bulimba

AJM Motorsport were in Kangaroo Point, but driving past there the other day, the yard was empty...but their phone number is 3391 1114 (they may tell you where they've relocated to)

thanks for the suggestions so far, keep them coming! ;)

AJM have moved to Woodridge somewhere, so i might give them a miss....

i'm mainly looking for MR2's, GT4's, FTO's etc etc

lol!!!!!!!!!! DOM finally sold the business i take it then if its in woodridge.

knew the company wasnt going anywhere that quickly as he shut down the workshop about 4yrs ago that was out at murrie.

is it autonet in moorooka (magic mile) ?

they had some real nice looking gtirs and cefiros and other more interesting imports!

why dont u take your time and look at private sales, if u do the write thing u will get a very good car for a good price. i woulddnt rush into it, just to own an import.... just my 2c.

Just go to carsales.com.au or carpoint.com.au...the cars are $$$$ cheaper and you don;t get hasseled evey time you go see a car - and the chances are you are not buying a lemon off an importer that paid bugger all for.

yes, the cars are cheaper, you don't get hassled every time you go see a car, and you're right... the chances of buying a lemon off an importer that paid bugger all for it are greatly reduced... however youare chancing buying a lemon off a private owner with absolutely no avenue for recourse should something go wrong with the veh/turn out to be a lemon...

it was more a convenience thing anyway... we decided at the spur of the moment to go looking at cars, i figured car yards were the best way to go about it due to the tight timeframe...

Azzure

Just because you buy it off a dealer doesn;t really mean much. They ALWAYS find an excuse not to pay up, all they say is its a 10year old car this happends, you hear it all the time.

Carsales is the way to go or carpoint without a doubt, Most people will allow for you to have the car dynoed etc.

I saw on an old post where an importer paid less than 6-7k for a gtst and was trying to sell it for 18k - thats how they make their money. When buying a car off a private person who has had the car a while, you know they havn't done this - well the chances are greatly reduced.

Make sure you get all the papers for the car too, and check to see the car has been complianced - don't just look at the plate.

Goodluck Mate -

you could try phantom motors at stafford - addy is 337 stafford rd stafford... i got my line form him - top guy there.....

and COP_TZR your comment

When buying a car off a private person who has had the car a while, you know they havn't done this - well the chances are greatly reduced

is mostly true, and yep there would be some dodgy ppl out there that has got a car cheap polished it up a bit spen min on making it nicer and jacked up the prices these things do happen so you justhave to be very careful and look around and do the research

i actually know a distant aquaintence who has tried this on one of my friends and also jacked it up a futher 10k to list on carsales - most of us now stear clear of him

It's only marketing and business geez.

A car dealer is not in it for "fun".. they have to make money... Thats business and commerce, buying something at one price, and selling for another. And they may choose to list somewhere else at one price, and another somewhere else to maximise revenue. Can't fault them for that side of things.

No, I'm not a car dealer, but I think people are losing the plot a bit when they say "how dare a car dealer buy a car for $8k and sell it for $15k!".. lol

Fair comment...

Yeh I have NO problem with dealers making money on genuine cars. What I do not agree with is dealers buying a cars and rolling back the clocks and covering up stuff...seen it happen...dealer is SYD rolled back a 98k GTR 34 and now its got 28km...he paid 50K for the car and had it for have at 80...Thats what I don;t like about dealers. Thye can make as much money as they want on a genuine car, that doesn;t bother me...cause at the end of the day...people are only going to pay what the car is worth....but when its covered up, its given the car a new life and a healthy new price tag....all the sharks get caught one day or another.....

Goodluck with car finding Azzurra