Home Builders In Wa

SR32

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stay the hell away from anything BGC

thats commodore,national homes,west ausie home bulders,statesman homes

i've been building for 16months now with national and there are the biggest f**kers ever

can't get a f**king thing right, threaten you with pulling trades off site if you complain

biggest f**k heads going around

i f**kin hate BGC

end rant :(:dry::O:(:)

I bought a unit in Bayswater about 9 months ago for about 140k, since then a few others have sold in the same complex for around 160 - 170k (unrenovated). I'd say mine would be valued a bit more due to renovations and other additions. I have about 50k in equity and now looking the invest with my bf, but have to hold off for 3 months due to him starting a new job, which means prices increase even more by the time we can get a loan. Any suggestions on areas to buy in? I was considering Balga area.

Back on the subject of builders, I had a look at some display home in Ellenbrook the other week. Very pretty, but have a closer look and you can see alot of defects, you would think they would try getting things perfect for a display home. This was another option we were looking at to invest with. We decided against it for an established home. Buliding just looks like a big hassle and too stressful, plus you don't know how long they are going to take and you could have someone in there renting.

Any suggestions on areas to buy in? I was considering Balga area.

Seriously depends on you budget and what you want it for. Do you want to live in it or rent it? If renting, do you need a high rental income?

Balga has already moved pretty heavily last time I checked a few months ago. I haven't been following it much since then, though a good indication on how it's going to go in the future is to look at suburbs between it and the city. Say Nollamara or Yokine could be a good indicator.

It's all very speculative, though with things going strong the way they are, you should be safe anywhere with either easy access to the city or water (sea/river).

The above mentioned things are just a few things to consider.

Try to work out your cashflow so it's not going to catch you short.

Read up some property books and check the net for some forums on property..

Be informed and get a feel for the area you want to buy in - not just property prices, but what it's close to, what it's renting for and the demographic of people as well.

If you can learn more for yourself it means that you have to trust real estate agents, financial advisers and people like myself less.. :D

I'm not entitled to the grant, my bf has previously owned a home before we purchased our first one together :teehee:

I'd buy close to the ocean if i could afford it! Melki, how's about scarborough or a suburb near it?

ive just finished building which only took 10.5 months from purchasing land to handover...some builders are a lot more efficient than others, with systems in place to make them run like well oiled machines...the only downfall with the builder i went through is that you could'nt make many changes to the plan, which really didnt bother us because the house was a good size, good layout, well spec'd for the money it cost us.

Also, we do experience delays in perth building because of the resouce boom taking all of our labour. Its just not possible to get good, skilled tradesmen to build the ever increasing backlog of contracted homes. This also drives up prices as the existing tradesmen expect rate increases, afterall they want a slice of the pie too!

The best time to buy or build is always going to be today...prices wont fall as a whole...they will just correct themselves, as they did 3 years ago. the severity and length of the price correction wont be as bad as most homeowners think, and it certainly wont be wont be significant enough for people who cant afford to get into the market now, to all of a sudden get into the market. I suppose the people to mostly benifit will be people who have strong finances to snap up a bargain from someone who has massively overstretched themselves.

These are just my opinions...some might disagree :D

Average WA mortgage is $305,000

The average WA mortgage has broken the $300,000 barrier amid predictions that the critical shortage of houses for sale in Perth will drive the median house price to more than $350,000 within months. Research by mortgage broker AFG found that the average WA mortgage hit $305,000 in March – up 26.5%, or $64,000, from a year ago. Only NSW has a higher average mortgage, with WA recently surpassing Victoria and Queensland. The spike has fuelled fears that Perth housing is increasingly out of reach and sparked a call for the State Government to do more to help. AFG executive director Malcolm Watkins said the sharp rise in mortgages sold by AFG – which has 10% of the WA market – has been bigger than the gain in Perth house prices, which rose 18.2% in 2005, according to figures from the Real Estate Institute of WA.

Source: The West Australian

I fail to see how people will be able to afford a 300+k mortgage when its hard enough to get 200+k for a first home..

either peoples wages are gunna have to go up or people won't be buying house any time soon

This is true.. but if you are in a partnership / married etc.. its a bit easier, if you combine two incomes you can afford a bigger loan that can get you the house you want.

EG: Two people on 36k per year should be able to loan upto ~ $280k and land and house packages (all be it not the worlds best house but not bad at all! ) can be purchased at this price. It might not be a great house or a great location but it will get you into a house.

After that its all fun and games.

My new house is just starting and Im expecting 5 - 8 months max for it to be built. And if you ask me.. Thats not bad at all.

( I have waited 4 - 5 months for titles on my land however.. arrrghhhh )

my partner and I are on $80K between us and we will have a mortgage of $320K and still be able to live relatively comfortable in a brand new house, built to our liking in a fresh new NOR suburb.

Thats it.. See I understand how it would be hard for a First home buyer to build / buy in Perth if its just them and they are on say $40k but with two people working full time its still not out of reach.

Well for us, its different, we are first home buyers..My hubby (MrGTST) makes all the money cause im at home with the babies, now we have managed to get a block in Darch which isnt really a long way out or the middleof nowhere and have (or will have) a mortgage of 300k plus the usual expense's we have and we should be alright-obviously some months might be tight! (all depends i guess on all the modifications he wants on the new cars) :O

Yeah, I've heard nothing but positive comments about Ross North. I really wanted to build with them, but for their prices I can almost get a 2 storey with in-vogue.

GWP021- what do you mean by project builder?

In-vogue - mate just finished with them and would say they are middle of the road as far as builders go time wise...and workmanship is less than perfect IMHO. Build time for a 430sqm place was 12m

Novus - Very good experience with our place being complete in 8 months. Again, 430sqm or so. would build with them again. Definate quality difference - tiling, plastering etc.

Having said that, I some builders are inflicted with one bad one, one good one....its just the luck of the draw...sometimes.

Have fun!

which estate are you in?

we are in dante gardens i think its called

We are in Stage 2 Kingsway Ridge...i havent even heard of dante gardens....where abouts is that?? are you close to the display homes or the other direction??

We are in Stage 2 Kingsway Ridge...i havent even heard of dante gardens....where abouts is that?? are you close to the display homes or the other direction??

On the left just after Driver Road, quite a bit further down "Kingsway" road after where u are :O