SAU Community

turbo timer

Guest andrewjread

Guest andrewjread

Whats a a good turbo timer and what price would I be looking at for it and installation.

Has anyone had any dealings with Procom Car Audio in Booragoon? I have heard they are pretty good.

Guest andrewjread

Doesnt the blueline alarm lock the doors but leaves the motor running. If not, then what good is a turbo timer if u have to stay and keep an eye on your car to then arm it after the motor shuts off.

Andrew, It is possible to get a relay which allows you to lock the car with the engine still running, a few of the car audio places do it from memory. I just don't think they are necessary, but if your getting one done then I like the look of the Apexi one, small and unobtrusive.

See'ya:burnout:

Guest andrewjread

What about for when you want to quickly run into the shop etc.

For moderate driving, how long would u usually need to leave the motor running and is there a standard guage that shows the temp.

If you are doing moderate driving then you don't need to cool down the car at all, that's my point. If you thrash it then leave the engine running for about 2 mins. The best way is when your about 5 mins away from your destination, drive normally and the car will cool down by itself.

Guest andrewjread

Thanks VSPEC. Youve been really helpful.

Any updates on tyres and prices. (stock r33 16" rims)

My car should be released from the wharf today. YAYYYY

Andrew check your insurance policy too because some insurce policies are void if you attach a turbo timer to your car because of the risks of it left running after an accident.

Originally posted by Nizmo

Andrew check your insurance policy too because some insurce policies are void if you attach a turbo timer to your car because of the risks of it left running after an accident.

for that exact reason i thought they were illegal.. when you turn the key off, the car is suppose to turn off.

Shaun

Yes, I agree.

Turbo timers are a waste. Are only handy if you want to let it cool down by its self and you don't want to wait around.

I have a HKS type 1, that measures your speed, 1/4 times, rpm warning, rarara list goes on. I can sell it for $300 including delivering and harness. Never opened, if anyone wants it.

Most people with turbo timer's end up switching them off cause they don't want to wait while there car cools down enough to lock the car. If your racing then just leave the engine running long enough to take some of the sting out of the oil temp, other than that don't worry about it.

Don't know about you guys, but i couldn't live without my turbo timer... I always leave the car running, even if its a casual drive down to the shops... My alarm work fine with the turbo timer... I switch the car off, press the button and she locks and then when the car switches off its immobilised...

In the mornings i use it to warm up the car... I start the car, turn the key off and set the turbo timer for 5:00 mins, lock the car and go back inside to finish getting ready... I'm no Captain Cold-Cane... :)

Has anyone had the problem where you turn the key off, turbo timer counts down, but you can't get the key out until the timer shuts the car off?

The "Push" button won't let you push it, until the car turns off.

Help?

Originally posted by MetBlue_GTST

Don't know about you guys, but i couldn't live without my turbo timer... I always leave the car running, even if its a casual drive down to the shops...  My alarm work fine with the turbo timer...  I switch the car off, press the button and she locks and then when the car switches off its immobilised...

In the mornings i use it to warm up the car...  I start the car, turn the key off and set the turbo timer for 5:00 mins, lock the car and go back inside to finish getting ready...  I'm no Captain Cold-Cane...  :P

i do the same thing would be lost without it , i didnt have a problem with the timer and getting insurance

I've got one of the cyclops alarms that will allow the turbo timer to run while I activate the alarm system. It locks the doors when I press the button and as soon as the car stops running the immobilisor arms within 10 seconds. Even with a non thrashing drive for 15 mins to the shops and back with the air con on the timer reads at least 50 seconds to run... so I think they are worthwhile.

Are you able to find out what wire they cut?

They want to sell me a... "HKS Keylock release adapter"

for "..A$96 delivered to you"

Originally posted by GTS-t VSPEC

I think there is a solenod which stops you with drawing the key while the engine is going. Most places which install turbo timers cut one of the wires to prevent this happening.