SAU Community

turbo timer

Guest andrewjread

Well, that function came in handy for me the other night.

3 guys tried to jump me in my car and rip my keys out.

But because it wasn't in park, they couldn't get the keys out, and I had my seat belt on, so they couldn't pull me out.

Once one of the guys hit me, i just turned the car on and took off.

Anyhow, yes i've looked unter there, but is it worth cutting a wire that you're not 100% on?

Guest ReaLiTy

My car's alarm works well with my HKS Turbo Timer, but the turbo time will turn itself off as soon as my hand brake is taken off...

Originally posted by MetBlue_GTST

Damn!!! You alright????  WHere abouts did that happen???

Happend in Bunbury, underneith son of rajab forrest car park. Walking to my car with my g/f around 1am on Sunday morning (Sat night), i hear these chicks shout out "shannon, shannon, heres the guy you wanna smash" blah blah... I hopped in my car, started to drive off. 3 Guys walk up, order me out of the car, opened my door, tried ripping me out. but i had my seatbelt on. Meanwhile one guy had turned the car off, and couldn't get the keys out.

While the other guys had me half out the door, one guy hit me and gave me a black eye. So i managed to start the car, drive to the cop shop. But it was closed, and so i called them. They advised me to go to the hospital and get a report. Then come back in the morning, because they were too busy.

So I did, I described the guys, and they knew exactly who they were.

Not until a week and a bit later, a cop calls me and lets me know one of the guys has been charged with assault. And will get back to me about the other guy who actually hit me. Nearly been 4 weeks since the incident and the cop still hasn't called me back.

The guy was after me, because i apparently did burnouts infront of his house. Which is a total load of shit.

And thats his reason. Had i been dragged out of the car, i'd still be in hospital.

Rule no 1 always lock you car doors when in the car in areas of doubt - i do this in Northbridge etc

This is the reason while central locking/ unlocking is being phased out in newer cars in europe, where pressing the button only opens the drivers door as car jackers are hoping in the passenger side as you get in.

Glad to hear you are ok and remind me not to do burnouts in Bunbury

Anyhow i like my $30 turbo timer thanks kym

My passenger door automatically locks itself after 15secs of starting the vehicle haha confuses people when they are trying to get out of my car - was under the impression that every line did this?

Ive heard that you can buy a turbo timer n boost controller in one. True or False? Just heard it off a mechanic i used to work with but ive never seen one. If i can get it in the one unit i would look at putting one in.

Well, I could of done alot of things to prevent it.

I stopped for a start, and wound down the window.

I really thought it was mistaken identity, but this guy just had it in for me, and i believe he still does. Hes assaulted 2 cops while holding up Blockbuster once. So the cops know him well. Hes not all there upstairs.

I'm still considering a restraing order aswell. But that means i gotta go to the courthouse and stand before a madistrate.

Originally posted by Nizmo

My passenger door automatically locks itself after 15secs of starting the vehicle haha confuses people when they are trying to get out of my car - was under the impression that every line did this?

my mates R33 does this also, unsure if its a feature on all 33's, it locks the doors when it goes above 10-15km/h or so.

my alarm locks the doors when the car starts and unlocks them when it is turned off... according to the book its an anti-hijack feature.

Shaun