SAU Community

Hobbies Scale Model Kits

tell me people where do you get the motors from i have tryed all the web site and no one has them and if they do they are asking more money then the 1/24 scale model? Or do you just pay for the motor?

I've seen only RB26DETT and RB20 motors as well, and they will cost almost as much as the model. Depending what model you by will depend on wether a motor is included. Most Tamiya models will come with an engine and hood that pops up, same with Revell. But the Fujimi models will usually be kerb side kits.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My latest completion, the Lotus.

Bare metal foil on rims and clear coated with 2 pack using the Aztec dual airbrush. Aside from a couple of dust spots the finish is so crystal it's amazing.

post-6392-1153289561.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My latest completion, the Lotus.

Bare metal foil on rims and clear coated with 2 pack using the Aztec dual airbrush. Aside from a couple of dust spots the finish is so crystal it's amazing.

post-6392-1153289561.jpg

That shine looks great mate! What 2 pack did you use? I assume it was an actual automotive 2pack...? What are you using for a drying area/spray booth? I've traditionally placed them inside a small (empty!) fishtank.

I love the foil on the rims. It all turned out very nicely. :D Now, time to logoff and go back to my Silvia

Some of these models are amazing guys!! Wow, that Lotus...

I've done a few plastic kits but I really SUCK at painting the shells. I have never done a good paint job. Though my 1:12 240ZG was turning out quite well, until I ran out of paint and left it on the shelf. Here's my models :(

I collect 1:18 diecasts. Here's my classic Skylines and Z's. I have a R32 as well but it's one of those dodgy "Initial D" ones. Got to get a good one some day... as well as a Z432-R.

newies.jpg

I made a 1:24 C110 Skyline 4-door that turned out OK, but again, the paint wasn't too good.

Clicky

Clicky

Also a KPGC110, unfortunately I spent too much time on the details (like painting engine bolts and making the engine look "used" when the bonnet doesn't even lift up :wave:), only to completely f*&$ it up at the end with the most aweful paint job you've ever seen. Ran out of Tamiya white (they come in the most ridiculously small cans dont you think) so made the mistake of using cheap household spray paint...... Never again.

Clicky

Clicky

But my pride and joy is the 1:12 Tamiya Nissan 240ZG. I spent a lot of time on it a year or two ago, but have left it on the shelf when I got bored during painting the shell. I made the mistake of painting the doors in grey before painting the whole thing maroon... soo it acted as a kindof undercoat. So the doors are a tad darker. :P Anyway here are some progress pics :D

Engine Completed.

Battery Completed.

Steering Wheel Completed (unfortunately the "wood" didn't turn out as red as it should have).

Dashboard semi-complete.

Door Cards Completed.

Hubcaps Completed.

Shell prior to painting... (getting all the mould lines off it)

edit: made the pictures links instead, was a little excessive!

Edited by Alfadog

They look pretty good to me alfa.

Thanks for the comments. I use auto 2 pack from my local auto paint centre. Paint in a custom booth with extractor fan and internal lighting. Also managed to get Midnight purple mixed in 2 pack so I can "do some touchups" on my GTR, as well as finish the Tamiya model I got. :wave:

The Dino is amazing and must be a "must have" kit. I Have one somewhere but doubt it is worth that.

• 1 month later...

This is my old Tamiya 1/10 scale Calsonic Skyline on a TL-01 chassis, its a bit rough and could use a new shell but underneath it all its set up for sprint/touring with a Novak Cyclone programmable speed controller and a brand new Tamiya RZ Super-Stock motor (27500rpm :nuke: )

Just started getting back into RC slowly, mostly the boys at work and me ripping up the carpark on boring night shifts :)

post-28102-1159529124.jpg

post-28102-1159529153.jpg

post-28102-1159529180.jpg

Just had a look from start to finish and all I gotto say is awesome!~ I wish I had tht much time on my hands ...detailed down to the car keys and air refreshener!

i know, talk about patient!

car keys

headunit

AVC-R or similar

seatbelt holders

seatbelt clips/buckles

floormats

scratchbuilt sunroof and indicators

air freshener

door reshaping

man, you'd have to leave the body off it. It's like those aircraft builders that spend forever detailing inside a fuselage that you can *only* just see once finished :nuke:

Hey all,

I recently Bought a Very Very Rare HKS TRUCK model kit!!

Just thought u guys might wanna have a look...: )

:)

TONY

Cool! You can play nightrider :D

Tony you know you HAVE to buy the Tamiya HKS GTR and place it driving out the back :)

www.hlj.com :)

or, failing that

www.ebay.com.au :nuke:

Cool! You can play nightrider :D

Tony you know you HAVE to buy the Tamiya HKS GTR and place it driving out the back :)

www.hlj.com :)

or, failing that

www.ebay.com.au :nuke:

HAHA!!!

Classic!!!

I already got the HKS GT-R GrA R32...

Apparently the Truck can be driven If you buy additional remote

I prob would never Build it...Its the only 1 i've ever seen

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i gotta tell you guys how great it was to find this thread.(a mate mentioned it to me) It made me go through, dust and polish my collection and then take a few photos. Some are diecast, some are ones i've made then there are some half casts that i've modified myself. Hope you enjoy....

post-3771-1160227469.jpgpost-3771-1160226988.jpgpost-3771-1160227029.jpgpost-3771-1160227058.jpgpost-3771-1160227200.jpgpost-3771-1160227292.jpgpost-3771-1160227327.jpg[attachmen

=59695:attachment]post-3771-1160227391.jpgpost-3771-1160227436.jpg[att

chment=59699:attachment]post-3771-1160227545.jpgpost-3771-1160227571.jpgpost-3771-1160227614.jpg

post-3771-1160227258.jpg

post-3771-1160227360.jpg

post-3771-1160227503.jpg

Edited by DRAGTS

I picked up a few more 32's for my collection....need more cabinets now!

mod30.jpg

Heres a few more Nissans

Mod1.jpg

mod31.jpg

mod3.jpg

mod20.jpg

A few randoms

mod13.jpg

mod14.jpg

But my passion is WWII (and Modern day) aircraft as i find it easier to make models look aged / weathered rather than new and shiny...

mod8.jpg

mod21.jpg

mod22.jpg

mod23.jpg

mod24.jpg

mod10.jpg

mod11.jpg

mod12.jpg

Sorry man, dont know alot about the kit. Bought off ebay hong kong?? So yeah, chopped her down a fair bit, but i'm very happy with the results.

Cheers for your comments guys.

Is that white 31 a plastic kit?

If so, where did you score the mags for it?

That's seriously dumped.

I like it!