SAU Community

Xbox360 Who's Got One?

Whos bought themselves a brand new Xbox360? i've been thinkin about getting one as my PS2 is really starting to die in the arse. it isnt playing DVDs, half my games and is having a real hard time loading San Andraes...

one thing that has put my off getting one yet is there isnt any decent games for it...imo anyway...

What games have you got and reckon are good?

i got one, i got 3 games so far, but the best game on the market by far is nfs most wanted, awsome graphics and fast gameplay... peronly wait a few months till lthe price goes down, but the quality of the games are going be awsome

My brother has one, it's pretty sweet. He's only got PGR3 for it at the moment though. I personally am waiting until either a price drop occurs or there are more games on it that interest me as well. Also by then any 'gremlins' that are usually associated with first generation consoles should have been sorted by then (my brother has already had a few non serious issues with his 360).

Im thinking of getting one now that they have cracked the firmware, but only to play backups of the specific region of the machine.

So ill wait till they got all the kinks worked out then ill get one :happy:

ey dont get an xbox 360 u may as well wait a bit longer for a ps3

in the meantime why not get a psp :D

I got one on launch, its really growing on me. On a large HD TV with surround sound is awesome.

Games I got...

Perfect dark zero - single player is average, multiplayer is good

fight night round 3 - insane grpahics and great game play

PGR3 - not a huge fan but its ok

Condemned - cool game but once i finish it ill sell it, no reply value.

DOA4 and GRAW coming in the mail.

oh yeah and live rocks.

wait 6 month-12 months for ps3 release in australia? lol no thanks.

xbox will probably have about 100 games by that time and ps3 will have what 10-15?

and psp is junk.

I will buy a ps3 as soon as there are a few ps3 only titles out that are good.

Edited by noise

Yeah i got one,

Got one on the day of the release. got it shipped to my work and played it all though lunchtime!

I got:

- PDZ

- TH Pro Skater

- Gun

and ridge racer 6 is in the mail!

I payed like $1000 and got all the preiferals and it was a good decision to make... I have been waiting since november!

FCUK PS3, it will come out sometime next year for what i hear!

Also the modchips are about 2 - 3 months away for being purchasable, but there is a hack to play backedup games but its kinda alot of effort.

Check iit out!

http://www.kev.nu/360/dvd.html

My brother has one, it's pretty sweet. He's only got PGR3 for it at the moment though. I personally am waiting until either a price drop occurs or there are more games on it that interest me as well. Also by then any 'gremlins' that are usually associated with first generation consoles should have been sorted by then (my brother has already had a few non serious issues with his 360).

care to elaborate on his issues?

care to elaborate on his issues?

The issues that he's had with it so far are just things like the game has frozen once or twice, and I think that it wouldn't read the disc once (PGR3). I've also heard of some people's machines overheating, but I guess if you keep it in a well ventillated area you can avoid these problems. I've seen where my brother keeps his and I would say that it is a well ventillated area. Maybe he should have a fan on it? :wub:

Hahahaha nfsmw is crap, it's just a port of the other versions.

I got mine at midnight,

got GRAW, perfect dark 2, and PGR3.

So far i love the system, it's absolutely fantastic so easy to use and all.

I got mine at midnight from EB in colonades.

Yeah I'll admit that the system is very easy to use, I love it how you can turn the machine off from the controller! Now all they gotta do is either a) make a games stacker (like a CD stacker) so you can switch between games at the press of a button or b) let you download/install games on to the HD and then let you switch that way. The ultimate lazy man's machine! :D

Well you can download game demos to the hdd so that is more than possible. Maybe something like steam for computer in which you need to purchase a key to be able to activate software. You'd want a bigger hdd though.

Yeah I'll admit that the system is very easy to use, I love it how you can turn the machine off from the controller! Now all they gotta do is either a) make a games stacker (like a CD stacker) so you can switch between games at the press of a button or b) let you download/install games on to the HD and then let you switch that way. The ultimate lazy man's machine! :yes:

You know what else is the bomb... The remote has an eject button, so you eject the dvd and then *extend go-go gadget arms* put dvd in *close dvd drive with go-go gadget arms* and its all set!

Or when the girlfriend gets up to get a drink that you asked her for, you get her to change it..

The ultmate lazy mans machine i love it too matey! :)

• 4 weeks later...